Recommended Auxiliary switch?

Correct me if I’m wrong but you said that you are planning to use the switch in a 3 way configuration without a neutral wire, the instructions state that you can only use the switch in a single pole configuration without a neutral wire.
Here is the quote from the instructions for the wiring diagram without a neutral wire:

You cannot use this switch in a 3-Way or any other multi-switch setting with a, “dumb” (existing) or auxiliary (add-on) switch
(please use another Inovelli smart switch and see the site for installation instructions – smart switch must be able to have the
relay disabled). Please reach out for further explanation

Thanks @Pdub2k, but my instructions say something a little different:

“You cannot use this switch in a 3-Way or any other multi-switch setting with a, “dumb” (existing) switch. You can use an auxiliary (add-on switch made by GE or Homeseer or use another Inovelli smart switch and see the site for installation instructions – smart switch must be able to have the relay disabled). Please reach out for further explanation.”

Could you show me where it says that or take a picture? I’m worried now that the manufacturer printed an older version (or maybe there’s one floating around online that I need to take down).

Sorry for the confusion, but you can definitely use an aux (add-on) in a non-neutral setting :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Eric_Inovelli

I copied it from the Quick notes section on page 5 of the LZW31-SN installation sheet that I downloaded from this site a few days ago.

I just went looking for it again and this site has now substituted the LZW30-SN installation instructions for the LZW31-SN installation instructions when you try to download them.

I still have the original file I downloaded and can send it to you.

Ah – ok, let me fix that – thanks for catching it!

1 Like

Were you able to test Lutron ad-on switch? Was it Maestro Companion switch?

@Eric_Inovelli curious if the GE add-ons will also work with the Red Series dimmers? Also, given what I’ve read elsewhere, the add-ons won’t trigger scenes, correct?

Hey no, not yet. But I just put it in my calendar for tomorrow!

It’s this one:
Leviton DD00R-DLZ 120VAC 60 Hz Decora Digital/Decora Smart Matching Dimmer Remote https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01AFU1KOY

@feens - great question. Yes, the GE add-ons will definitely work (and it’s what we recommend). Correct, they will not trigger a scene unfortunately :frowning:

1 Like

Can this be added in the future with a firmware upgrade?

Also, will the hold to dim light work on the aux?

1 Like

@Automate - Check out this video. https://youtu.be/n5XCJcoF6FE

Yeah definitely, I’ll add it to the page right now :slight_smile:

Edit: Added here

@Eric_Inovelli

Is there an ETA of when the LZW31-SN installation instructions will be fixed on this site?

Definitely interested in activating scenes from an auxiliary switch! I would love to not have to rewire my home depending on if I am using my RGBW smart lights or I’m using the switch to control dumb lights. Haven’t yet found a z-wave switch that does this either so it would definitely be an advantage for Inovelli!

1 Like

Any word if the Leviton aux switch (non-dimmer) will work? I just wired up my LZW30-SN and the aux switch will not work. It was working perfectly with my Leviton smart switch. The Inovelli switch works fine by itself wired in a 3 way configuration.

Did you ever test the DD00R-DLZ? I’m looking to buy some of the red series dimmers, and have a few of the DD00R-DLZ AUX switches. Curious if I can keep using them.

Anyone using that aux switch unofficially able to comment if it works?

@fisheromega Were you ever able to get the non dimmer switch to work? If it’s the one I’m thinking of that I have a spare lying around of it’s the Leviton DD0SR-DLZ switch. I just got my first two Inovelli switches and I’m curious as I’d like to use that as opposed to a normal switch if possible. If you weren’t able to get it working I’ll give it a shot anyways as maybe things have changed over the past 11 months, but was curious of your experience.

I never tried to use the Leviton again. You can ask the Inovelli team about it. Back then, they told me that it did not work. I have spares of my own now too that would be nice to use.

Thanks for the quick response! I’ll let you know how it goes once I get some time to try and hook it up. Should be this weekend or early next week. I’ll respond back here either way.

Did you try?