Red 2-1 3-Way with Dumb Switch - Dumb Switch not working

I have the Red switch in the box with both the source and the load. Wiring is exactly like the first diagram for 3-way with Dumb switch. I have checked and confirmed source with multimeter. I have it set to Aux - Dumb 3 Way, Switch mode On/Off and Smartbulb disabled. I have messed around with a lot of settings and have had no luck in getting the Dumb Switch to turn the light off or on. It does not matter if the Red switch is on or off. The Dumb Switch has no effect on the status of the light.

By chance, is the dumb switch lighted?

Did you set it via the hub or via the paddle?

No it is not a lighted switch.

I tried setting it both by the Hub and via the paddle.

1 Like

Ok, thx. @harjms or @mamber can weigh in here regarding Hubitat.

I know you said you checked it, but how confident are you in the electrical wiring?

Very confident. Here are pics of the two switches and boxes.

Agreed, that looks fine. I can’t see into the remote box, but I’m presuming that all three conductors on the 3-wire are attached to the three terminals on the dumb switch. Just confirming as I see some black tape on the white conductor that could indicate a potential hot, but looks more like a splice.

@harjms or @mamber can troubleshoot the Hubitat side.

Should be set to dumb 3 way switch. Make sure you press save preferences at the bottom.

Yes all three wires are connected to the second switch. The black tape is not a splice.

Yes, I clicked save preferences after selecting 3-Way Dumb Switch

Sounds like the internal relay is OOC. If a factory reset doesn’t fix it, you may want to submit a RMA.

Thanks, yeah already tried factory reset a couple times. I went to try one more thing. I am going to grab a spare 3-way switch and wire it up right at the Red. Eliminate any possible strangeness with the wiring in the walls. If it still does not work, then I’ll do the RMA request.

I have an issues with a red dimmer. The issues was the inovelli dimmer. I swapped in with another inovelli dimmer and that one worked fine.