Red Dimmer LZW31-SN Scene only working on one trigger device (Hubitat)

I have a scene set up to turn off all of the lights on my Inovelli red dimmers. While I’ve set the trigger devices to be all of the dimmers, only one will actually control the scene and sometimes it can even be a bit laggy. Only the trigger on the Kitchen Table is reliable - the other triggers rarely get the scene to trigger? I’m new to hubitat and scenes - so not sure where to go from here.

The same issue is happening for turning the scene on, which is set up similarly.

Any ideas, thanks in advance.

Do all of your devices have the same driver? Are they setup using the built-in driver (System → Inovelli Z-Wave Smart Scene Dimmer S2) or the community one developed by Inovelli (User → Inovelli Dimmer Red Series LZW31-SN)?

Have you tried setting up the rule for each device vs. one rule with multiple devices? Might test your theory of kitchen responds faster compared to the rest.

I believe they are all on the community one.

I thought about doing that - so I’ll try that to see if it helps.

This did not help in getting the scene to trigger. I’m still unable to trigger the scene on two of the four switches.

So the two three way switches with scenes not working are both set up as in the picture below, with the GE add-on switch being in the box with the line and the red dimmer in the box with the load.

The other switches are a.) single pole and b.) 3-way with dumb switch.

Perhaps there is a setting I don’t have correct to use scenes with a add-on switch?

You may just need to go into each device and set the parameter 52 from 1 to 2 and then back to 1 again. (or whichever parameter allowed people to disable scenes).

Parameter 51, I think?

What is your parameter 51 set to? If you have the delay disabled, you can’t trigger scenes from most buttons.

You can try setting a scene from button 7, the config button, which will work regardless of parameter 51’s setting.

Have you looked in your logs to see if the hub is even seeing the button presses? I don’t know Hubitat, but that ought to be logged somewhere.

3 Likes

It was parameter 51. I must have choose “Yes” and I didn’t realize that disabled my scene control. Thanks for the help everyone. Very appreciated.

Rusty

2 Likes