Red dimmer series odd behaivour

Firstly my setup.

Runny Home assistant 2021.12.6.
Using Zwave-JS
Using HUSBZB-1 on a raspberry pi.
I have 22 LZW31-SN Red Series Dimmer switches all wired with neutral.
6 Zwave Curtain motors
4 Zwave Blind motors
2 Zwave 0-10v dimmers (controlled by 2 inovelli switches by zwave association. Currently not working.)

For some Inovelli switches are going offline. Home assistant can’t turn on the switches. To work the switches manually, I need to hit the config button 8 times first. It’s very odd. All my other Zwave devices are working fine.

I have tried reinterviewing the devices, healing the devices, healing the network… nothing works. Any tips? I have 22 smart light switches that aren’t working.

So when you press config 8x, does the LED flash green? If it does, that means that your switch had local control disabled, which would explain why you could not work the switch before you pressed config 8x.

So that suggests that something is disabling local control unbeknownst to you. Not odd, really, it’s happened to a number of people here. Culprits have been kids playing with the switch, people randomly pressing buttons and a hub process that the user wasn’t aware of.

This would be a different issue than your switch going offline, unless you’re referring to the inability to work the switch from the paddle without pressing config.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. It’s all pretty odd. The lightswitches aren’t in places anyone else can touch.
I’m trying to look at logs right now.

I’ve manually added a light switch i didn’t bother to add initially that was 3way (remote 3 way) and I was able to change led colours, turn off and on from Zwave but the rest of the inovelli house is offline.

I’m realising what might be the start of the problem. Zwave-js and zwave associations. On openzwave I was able to associate 2 inovelli switches to dim my 2 qubino 0-10v dimmers. On zwave-js they don’t work. Now these switches are frozen.
I can use “tap” scenes on the switches (2 taps up will close my sons room blinds, turn his nightlight on for 20minutes etc),
I can check the zwave range. (hold config for 5-10 seconds)
I can enter add/remove mode…
BUT I can’t reset the device (hold for 20seconds… nothing happens.)

Any tips @Bry

Sorry, no. The having to re-enable local control jumped out a me so I commented there. But I’m the last guy you want to ask about HA stuff. I don’t use HA . . I’m on SmartThings.

No problem at all. Thanks for taking the time to respond anyway.
I think I need to look into completely factory resetting these switches to start with. Trying to not rebuild.

Do you see any logs from the switches in zwave-js, the on/off logs or scenes, etc? Try excluding and reincluding?

Did you just migrate from openzwave? Following something like this? -

Now we’re getting somewhere. Logs say this:

Subscribed to Z-Wave JS Log Messages…
2021-12-30T06:34:47.552Z DRIVER   Dropping message because it could not be deserialized: The command class Appli
                                  cation Status is not implemented (ZW0303)
2021-12-30T06:34:57.465Z CNTRLR   [Node 049] Timed out while waiting for a response from the node (ZW0201)
2021-12-30T06:34:57.632Z DRIVER   Dropping message because it could not be deserialized: The command class Appli
2021-12-30T06:35:07.576Z CNTRLR   [Node 051] Timed out while waiting for a response from the node (ZW0201)
2021-12-30T06:35:07.715Z DRIVER   Dropping message because it could not be deserialized: The command class Appli
2021-12-30T06:35:17.653Z CNTRLR   [Node 049] Timed out while waiting for a response from the node (ZW0201)
2021-12-30T06:35:17.787Z DRIVER   Dropping message because it could not be deserialized: The command class Appli
2021-12-30T06:35:27.729Z CNTRLR   [Node 073] Timed out while waiting for a response from the node (ZW0201)
2021-12-30T06:35:27.895Z DRIVER   Dropping message because it could not be deserialized: The command class Appli
2021-12-30T06:35:37.842Z CNTRLR   [Node 051] Timed out while waiting for a response from the node (ZW0201)

Is there a fix?

Can you try excluding and reincluding one of the switches?