Red Series 2-1 & OpenHAB Integration

@EricM_Inovelli

I got my 800 series 2-1 switches today (super happy) to replace 2x of my broken GE Z-wave switches. I am using OpenHAB 3.4.4. Unfortunately, it does not appear it supports this switch yet.

I know OpenHAB is not as common as some of the other systems, but I have been using it for 5 yr now so I would rather stay with OpenHAB. This is the link I found to add a new device to the database, but the instructions are a bit over my head.

If anyone is planning to make a request to have this supported in OpenHAB, please let me know. Otherwise, I will to go through the guide and try to have this device added.

BTW… I love your products… I met you guys at the booth at CES 2020 (just before COVID).

Thanks!

Hey @jakdock!

We can try to help with this too – @Alex_Inovelli or @EricM_Inovelli do you guys think you can help with this real quick?

@jakdock – are you familiar with this process? If you are, maybe we can work with you to get it figured out. If not, we can try to figure it out. Only issue is we don’t have an instance of OpenHAB here so I’m not sure how hard it is to setup. I remember trying to figure it out with the Blue Series 2-1 and it was way above my paygrade lol.

Thanks! That feels like forever ago :slight_smile:

I still use this silly picture from CES 2020

@Eric_Inovelli @EricM_Inovelli @Alex_Inovelli

No problem! I will give it a try this weekend, and will let you guys know.

2 Likes

Thanks for doing that! We haven’t had the time to work on the OpenHAB integration and I think community members have done it in the past.

Hello, @EricM_Inovelli,

It took me a few hours, but I finally got all the parameters, associations, and endpoints entered into the OpenSmartHouse databased that is used by the OpenHAB Z-wave binding. A few to-do’s remain:

1. Please do a sanity check to make sure everything looks good. Here’s the link. Note: If you do not have an account, you will need to first sign up for an account, then open a ticket requesting edit access. This will allow you to click on an item, and view the item details (see example below).

1. After everything looks good for you, please let me know and I will do a “Request Review” with the site owner. Assuming everything goes well, this will be included in the next OpenHAB snapshot release.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi!
Also waiting on this to try the new dimmers!
There’s a typo:
I’m usually on OpenHAB stable, we’ll have to see how to make it work…

Thanks!

1 Like

Good catch! Thanks!

I’m not @EricM_Inovelli but everything looks good! I would ask for review if I were you :wink:

1 Like

Glanced over everything and it looks good to me. @jakdock thanks for the help!

@EricM_Inovelli Thanks. I have submitted this for review, and will let everyone know once it is approved. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@EricM_Inovelli @Eric_Inovelli @Alex_Inovelli @MxMLssR

Hello, everyone!

I am happy to share that the Red Series 2-1 switch has been approved into the OpenSmartHouse database used by the OpenHab Z-wave binding. A few notes:

Thanks!

1 Like