Red Series Dimmer LED Percentage Control

OK, so you do a multi-click to select a blind and then a hold up or hold down to adjust it?

You have local control disabled so the hold-up and hold-down to move the blinds are also scenes? I’m thinking yes or you’d be adjusting the light at the same time.

In your case, I see notifications working, say adding 4 new notification effects that are 20%, 40%, 60% and 80% fill. For 0% and 100% fill you could just send a solid notification with low or high brightness. To go back to seeing the dimmer level you cancel the notification.

To do a test, you could currently use a solid notification and vary the brightness just to see how well it works.

There has been some confusing posts made that might be leading to the confusion of others. You posted about having a bar level that had it’s own percentage parameter and that parameter could be set to track the electrical dimmer level or set to be independently adjusted. That is different than using notifications.

@Eric_Inovelli Just a thought - would you be open to a video call (maybe on Discord) so I can screenshare and walk you through my Node Red flow and how I’m using the switches, and how the requested functionality would work within my flows? I would probably need a couple days to re-wrap my head around the MQTT operation prior to a call - if you see below I may try using the LED brightness percentage in place of my desired functionality as a test case. I haven’t really looked at this since I initially programmed everything about 10 months ago, when I submitted the original request.

@pjf To get around the issue of the dimmer affecting the load, I have the “local protection state” parameter set to “ProtectedBySequence” (which I think is the same as disabling local control as you have stated); for example within my Node Red flow for the Living Room switch, two clicks activates the “dumb load” dimming within my Node Red flow. Holding up or down on the switch starts a flow that adjusts the dim percentage and loops every 600ms to see if the button has been released (so it’s a stepped dimming, not linear). I hope that makes sense. I use the same stepped method to adjust my smart tracklights which are also controlled from the switch. The shades are linear controlled with the up/down held/released functions of the switch; for an example, if I quadruple tap up it starts fully opening a blind, conversely if I quadruple tap down, it will fully close a blind, however I can interrupt the fully opening/closing blind while holding the dimmer switch up or down in order to position the shade exactly where I want it (again I hope that makes sense!).

I need to rewrap my head around how to set the switch parameters with zwavejs2mqtt , but I think I can use the brightness as a test case as you have suggested (thanks for that btw!). Ideally I would want the 0% and 100% LED level to also be controlled via the same parameter, just to keep the flow less complicated.

The notification is setting a parameter so you just change what is sent regardless of it being an intermediate level or the full bar on at the minimum or maximum level. I’m thinking you’d come up with the steps then put an if, elseif type statement to select which one.

Just thinking on this… Isn’t there 7 leds in the bar? Maybe 7 steps???