Red Series Dimmer - Notifications no longer work - Smartthings

I had a bunch of routines that trigger notifications. They suddenly stopped working. Using ST Hub v2. Even if I go into the dimmer ST settings, I can’t turn on Notifications. I noticed the Controls screen is slightly.

Go to the Routines page and inspect the ones that don’t work. Make sure they are enabled. It’s a little tough to see, but the disabled ones are slightly greyed out. You can open the routine and look lower left to ensure it says enabled.

I’m suggesting this because as discussed in the ST community, some routines were being disabled automatically, for some unknown reason.

I’m not sure if/how this affects manual turning on of the notification on the device’s page, but it’s worth checking.

Also, I don’t think you finished your post. The last sentence isn’t complete.

Thanks for the reply Bry!! Sorry about that last sentence… Wrote this up at work and got distracted. That was supposed to say that I noticed the main (control) screen for the switch in Smartthings looks a little different than I remembered but I could be wrong.

A little more detail…
I have the following Red Dimmers:
Dining Room
Kitchen
2 Red Dimmers setup 3-way for the landing (Landing Upper and Landing Lower)
Edge Driver Version - 2023-03-28T23:07:14.066865864
I have never updated the firmware for any of my dimmers. Not sure how to see what my current version is.

So, I setup a spare red dimmer just to test notifications. I created a simple routine to change the notification to chasing/orange/100% when the office light is on. I did this just for the test switch at first. The notification worked. I added the Upper landing to the routine and that worked. When I added the lower landing, the kitchen and the dining room, none of those worked. I then went into my “Freezer Open” routine and added the Spare Red Dimmer. In edit mode I tested the routine and the Spare Dimmer worked. I then edited the Upper Landing notification by turning off the 3 notification settings (type, color, brightness) then turning them back on. This made the upper landing work. When I did that for the Kit, DR and Lower Landing those still didn’t work.
So currently none of my existing routines are activating the notification LED’s.
I also tried the double click on the config button to try to clear notifications but that didn’t help.
Could other routines effect the overall notification function of the dimmer?

Let’s try and simplify things. You threw a bunch of things into one paragraph so I had some trouble following things.

First of all, when you set a notification, there are FOUR parameters. It’s my experience that if all four are not set, they may not work correctly.

I would delete the routines that don’t work and create ONE to test. Make sure you set all four parameters. If it doesn’t work, post a screenshot of the routine.

Thanks again Bry!!! None of the routines had the duration set for the notifications. I can’t recall if they were set prior to the ST changes when all the notifications were working. Everything appears to be working now.

Should I be able to turn on Notifications from within the ST Dimmer settings? When I change the notification it doesn’t change the LED panel. I’ve been activating/testing them by testing the routine while in edit mode.

Thanks again!!!

Glad you got them going.

If you open the device page in ST, there is a button to turn a notification on or off. That being there makes little sense to me, since notifications are typically triggered by an event. You can turn a notification on, but if you have multiple notifications set up for the same switch, I have no idea which one turns on when you press that button. To me, that is useful to turn a notification off from the app, but that’s about it. Implement your notifications using a Routine.