Red switch not responding to zwave

Do you know of any workaround other than sending a protection v2 command to disable RF protection or an exclusion / factory reset?

I havent noticed any other workarounds (other than exclusion or sending a v2 command with the PC software), but I hadnt looked into it too deeply either.

I will play around with it a bit more when I get off work today to see if I can discover anything

1 Like

I played around with it for about an hour, but have not found any other workarounds to get it back to RF Unprotected. By sending various Protection Set v1 commands (switching between unprotected, Protection by sequence, or NOP), I can sometimes get the RF to change to Protection by sequence, and sometimes I can get it to RF NOP, but I have not found a predictable pattern, and have not been able to get it back to Unprotected without sending the v2 command.

I have not tested this version yet, but it is supposed to fix the problem you are seeing:

https://files.inovelli.com/firmware/LZW30-SN/Beta/LZW30-SN_1.22.otz

You said that the problem is on the dimmer as well?

I will test it out when I get off work today.

And yes, the problem exists on the Red Dimmer as well. I am not sure if the Black series are affected (I dont own any to test)

So far, this update seems to fix the issue for me

@EricM_Inovelli do you have a changelog since 1.19? I canā€™t find one since then. I have a LZW30-sn that locks up locally and via zwave every few weeks. Air gaps is a temporary fix.

The only change in 1.19 relates to S2 inclusion for hubs that are running a specific Z-Wave SDK level so I donā€™t think that is it. Can you let me know what the ā€œRaw Descriptionā€ is from the device page for the problem device?

zw:Ls2a type:1001 mfr:031E prod:0002 model:0001 ver:1.09 zwv:6.04

This is showing version 1.09 is on the switch. Is that because you used a secondary controller to update it? If so, I would recommend doing an exclusion and a factory reset on it to see if that fixes the issue.

I was wondering about the 1.09 in the raw line. Yes I used the secondary update method. I excluded, factory reset, and included again. Hereā€™s the new raw. zw:Ls2a type:1001 mfr:031E prod:0002 model:0001 ver:1.22 zwv:6.04

Iā€™m looking more at this thread and it is specific to an issue with Home Assistant. I believe what you are seeing is different. Are you still having the issue after the factory reset and re-inclusion?

Itā€™s been stable since I excluded and reincluded. Version in raw string is accurate now too.

I just realized I have another switch to exclude and include with the same version mismatch. Raw says 1.09 while firmware line item says 1.19.