Replaceable paddles

I know this issue was discussed after the launch, and @Eric_Inovelli mentioned plans to correct this in later batches. I’m unsure if that correction ever happened, or if they have just kept them all matching the “Inovelli White”.

Chiming in here for an update to this issue.

It is not clear to me if everyone asking for “pure white” is really asking for a different finish vs a different color.

I also have a house full of matte white paddle switches (Legrand - it’s stamped at the bottom of every paddle) and matching plates.
The Inovelli I have are glossy white and look terribly out of place. It’s the massive finish difference rather than the slight color difference that is so jarring.
PLEASE PLEASE make matte white paddle replacements available. Is this in the plans, and if so, is there an ETA?

1 Like

I added this exact wish list item a while back. It would be great if there was a non-glossy option.

1 Like

We currently don’t have this in the plans, but I can check with @Darwyn_Inovelli to see how difficult it would be.

Our Z-Wave manufacturer made it a real pain to create color variations (it took like 18 months to release Light Almond).

Darwyn works for our ZigBee manufacturer and we’ll be releasing color variations there too. However, we’ve instructed them to match Lutron Claro who uses a more glossy finish.

Being transparent, we likely won’t release a matte version any time soon, but I can at least look into the timeline for you!

1 Like

Has anyone tried wet sanding with 600 or 1200 grit sandpaper to de-gloss the paddles and make them matte? Just curious…

1 Like

No, have not but I would be willing to try that on a $2 glossy switch, not a $45 Inovelli.
I’ll see if my local big box has a cheap glossy paddle switch. Last I checked they were all matte in this area of the US…

How about trying it on the $0.36 glossy white faceplate that comes in every Inovelli box but (at least in my house) is never used?

Back in the olden days (BI = Before Inovelli), :laughing: GE/Jasco used to include three different user-swappable paddle colors in the box with every Z-Wave switch that they sold. Those would also be good test mules for sanding/painting experiments…