Brand* = Philips
Style of Bulb = BR30
Base of Bulb = E26
Wattage = 50W
Kelvin =  2900K
Model* = 454827
Min Setting* = N/A
Max Setting* = N/A
Where to Buy* = https://www.amazon.com/Philips-454827-Halogen-Flood-Dimmable/dp/B0187G2QCI

EH Edit (03/10/2021): Submitted & Approved
@Brianna_Inovelli can you add asterisked points?
@krisk – you should’ve received an auto-email from Microsoft if all went well :slight_smile:

Thank you for taking my suggestions to heart.

I agree a filter or some way to do different sorts would be 100% helpful. Maybe someone is looking for a smart bulb, others if it is dimmable and yet others for a particular wattage or kelvin and definitely by base type.

I’d love to help program something like this but I’m only a self-taught VBA programmer from about 1980 to now. (Just bragging now :slight_smile:, I can also do the XML programming to control the Ribbon in Word too (which I find to be really cool to see it change depending on what file I open), but that’s all I’ve ever had to do in my day job. (I did help set up a web page once, but that was about 12 years ago and it involved just the most minimal amount of HTML programming to allow people making reservations to pay with PayPal), so I’m not really your guy for that)).

Just from how I would want to use such a tool I start by thinking of what I want for a particular fixture. The first thing I need to know is do I need it to be a smart bulb or not. After that I need to know what kind of base it has. After that I decide if I want it to be dimmable or not. I then decide on how bright it should be (Watt equivalence). Finally, I decide on the Kelvin “color”. It is at that point that I know the bulb I want and I would then need to know if it worked with a particular switch or not. (But if you are going to have separate tables for that, then a column/line entry for that is moot.) After finding such a bulb on your list I would then want to know where to get it, how much it is, and who makes it, with a model # if possible so I could search for it on my own for price and availability.

So for me I would pick the bulb base first instead of the switch type. If you can’t do it both ways I’d pick by bulb type because: 1) I think more people think that way about the bulb they are looking for and 2) I’m not sure if there are more bulb types then you have switch types, meaning fewer dropdowns. (Plus, I just think starting by picking the bulb picture is cooler).

Oh, one last thing: I was thinking about maybe also listing the bulb shape, but the more I think about it the more I think that is for the notes and/or a picture.

Stuart

2 Likes

Thinking out loud here:

I wonder if it would be best if we had a shared spreadsheet that you could click on that would allow for these filters if that would be better?

The more I think about this, I think that may be a great way to go about it.

I definitely know my way around Excel so if I could create some sort of sheet where you could select your inputs and it would show you what’s compatible. This way you could approach it via the bulb or the switch.

Only issue would be if multiple people were in there at once messing with it. I’m not as familiar with how Office 365 works from a cloud side of things.

I’ll come back to this thought, but I’m kind of excited about it.

1 Like

I’ve seen Google Forms (basically a survey) that are used to populate google sheets. I assume you could make the sheet read-only, making the form the only input into it. I’m guessing there is some way to have a buffer/approval process to prevent spam/offensive stuff from making it into the exposed sheet

I would assume 365 would have a similar thing making a PowerApp survey that feeds into an Excel sheet. I’ve just never used them as a publicly exposed survey, usually they require domain accounts (at least for our setup)

I haven’t built this full flow to confirm functionality, but in theory you should be able to do this:

You should be able to create a public form to collect submissions, and a separate document containing the approved results. You can then use Power Automate to upon a new submission trigger an approval workflow to add the bulb to the approved list. Approval can occur within Teams, and potentially trigger an email to credit the submitter.

Saving you the step of replicating the data :slight_smile:

Based on a little quick tinkering this should be entirely possible, allowing the public list to be read only.

2 Likes

Dang this is awesome - above my expertise level admittedly (I’ve never used Flow). Do you think you could help me set this up? I didn’t realize it could be automated like that, but that’s amazing!

The one outstanding issue that I’m curious on is if there’s two or more ppl in the list at the same time, wouldn’t they be, “editing” each other’s view?

In other words, I know they can’t edit the spreadsheet, but if one person is using a filter, wouldn’t it show up on the other person’s screen and they wouldn’t be able to filter until person one is done?

I was about to post a 2nd bulb I have here when I realized we left out 2 important items: Lumens and CRI.

One other item that is often important: Can be used enclosed.

Used With = Red Series Fan + Light Switch - LZW36
Compatible (Yes/No)* = No
Neutral/Non-Neutral Wire = Neutral
Brand* = GE Ultra Bright
Bulb Style = Clear Flame Tip
Bulb Base = Candelabra E12
Wattage Actual = 7.5
Wattage Equivalent = 100
Lumens = 810
Kelvin = 5000K
CRI = Unknown
Model* = 93121706
Min Setting* = Using Hubitat Default
Max Setting* = Using Hubitat Default
Dimmable Yes/No = Yes
Smart Bulb Yes/No = No
Where to Buy* = Lowes
Link to Item = https://www.lowes.com/pd/GE-Ultra-Bright-LED-100-Watt-EQ-CA12-Soft-White-Dimmable-Decorative-Light-Bulb-3-Pack/1002643802?cm_mmc=shp--c--prd--lit--google--lia--143--lightbulbs--1002643802-_-0&placeholder=null&ds_rl=1286981&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIpqO8wbmU7wIVf4paBR2UjgsBEAYYASABEgI1PvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
Notes = 3 pack. $16.98. I have not tested this with the “normal” Red or Black dimmers as I only have candelabra sockets in my ceiling fan lights. They are very bright. Flashes on and off for a split second every once in a while. Dims just a tiny percentage and will flicker a bit while being dimmed up and down.
Photo (below)

@Brianna_Inovelli can you add full points?
@skarden – you should’ve received an auto-email from Microsoft if all went well :slight_smile:

Question: When we want to post a bulb do we reply to your top post, the last post or how?

2nd Question: I wanted to post multiple bulbs but it said I could only do 3 consecutive posts. So how can I post more at a time? Since I don’t know right now I’m putting another bulb post in this one. (As it would allow me to edit it).

Thanks,

Stuart

Inovelli Bulb Compatibility Chart

Used With = Red Series Fan/Light - LZW36
Compatible (Yes/No)* = No
Brand* = Cree
Bulb Style = Clear. Torpedo shaped
Wattage Actual = 6.5
Wattage Equivalent = 75
Lumens = 700
Kelvin = 5000K
CRI = 90+
Enclosed OK? (Yes/No) = Yes
Model* = TB11-07050MDCH25-12DE12-1-12
Dimmable Yes/No = Yes
Smart Bulb Yes/No = No
Where to Buy* = Amazon
Link to Item = See below
Notes = $10.47 for 2 pack. Is very bright. Does not flicker when on. However, would not dim at all in the Red series Fan/Light. All of my candelabra sockets are in my ceiling fans so I haven’t tested this with the “normal” Red or Black dimmers.
Photo (below)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B089HLV9RV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Edit: 03/19/2021 - Submitted via the bulb form
Approved full 30pts
@Brianna_Inovelli will award as per the new norm (ie: 1-2 business days)

Just wanted to pop in and say thanks for all the participation! This is actually really awesome and @Brianna_Inovelli and I have been geeking out all morning around @amdbuilder’s and @dbemis suggestion around a form + excel sheet automation.

Thanks @amdbuilder for getting the juices flowing – we’ve tested your flow (with a slight modification) and it works great. Now to build it out further.

I also wanted to say that I promise we’ll get the points rewarded by Friday at the latest thus far for what’s posted :slight_smile:

Thanks again – this is why we love the community so much!

2 Likes

Completely agree. While it can’t overlap with the max level parameter (by definition creating a loop) I think 65 or even 75 would be a better cutoff level. I’ve never set max brighness down below ~93 while 45 just isn’t high enough for my latest LED purchases.

1 Like

Works with Black series On/Off and Red Series Dimmer

@Brianna_Inovelli can you add asterisked points?
@dvanderb – you should’ve received an auto-email from Microsoft if all went well :slight_smile:

To all my Microsoft friends out there – I know we’re getting off topic and I’ll clean this thread up after all is said and done – I could use your help.

@amdbuilder maybe you have a solution.

I’m running into an issue where I’ve gotten the Excel spreadsheet to work, however, the mobile experience is terrible and I’d like to try to figure out a way to connect the data in Excel to some sort of UI that can make it easy for the end user to view on their phone.

I tried making Pivot Tables, but slicers won’t work on mobile and even the Pivot table experience was pretty bad.

I’ll keep doing some research as we’re super close – but thought I’d post this while I look.

Exciting times!

Edit: outside of MS Office, but I’m tinkering with this: https://www.openasapp.net/

Glad I could help :slight_smile:

I’m not aware of any native solutions off hand to make Excel more mobile friendly. If anything I would consider building a basic web page frontend to display the data, instead of Excel. Or perhaps a second Excel sheet with much less data that’s “mobile” friendly.

I think I found something worth while. I’m going to program it out tomorrow.

Everyone can follow the progress here:

I think it should do what we want. It will auto update when new submissions are entered via the flow you shared!

Oh that’s pretty slick looking!

Compatible (Yes/No)* = Yes
Brand* = Feit
Bulb Style = Clear “A” bulb shape (classic bulb shape)
Wattage Actual = 8
Wattage Equivalent = 75
Lumens = 800
Kelvin = 5000K
CRI = Unknown
Enclosed OK? (Yes/No) = Unknown
Model* = BPA1575C/850/FIL/2
Dimmable Yes/No = Yes
Smart Bulb Yes/No = No
Where to Buy* = Amazon
Notes = $15.33 for a 2 pack. This looks like a mini “normal” bulb. It is not torpedo or flame tip like lots of candelabra bulbs. I have only tried this with the Fan/Light. I do not have any candelabra sockets other than my fan lights. The 40W, which I will also post, dims slower. That is, I put them both in a fan light and started dimming them. This 75W got very low and then went out. I had to keep dimming the 40w more until it went out too. It’s not that I think the 40W dimmed to a lower %, I think that the amount it dims per dim command is less. (Hopefully that makes sense).

Link:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Y2Q7SXZ/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza

Photo:

Approved full 30pts

Brand* = Feit
Bulb Style = Clear “A” bulb shape (classic bulb shape). Frosted glass. A15
Wattage Actual = 5
Wattage Equivalent = 40
Lumens = 450
Kelvin = 2700K (Soft White)
CRI = Unknown
Model* = BPA1540C/927CA/2
Dimmable Yes/No = Yes
Smart Bulb Yes/No = No
Where to Buy* = Amazon
Notes = $15.99 for a 2 pack. This looks like a mini “normal” bulb. It is not torpedo or flame tip like lots of candelabra bulbs. I have only tried this with the Fan/Light. I do not have any candelabra sockets other than my fan lights. The 75W, which I posted just a bit ago up here, dims faster. That is, I put them both in a fan light and started dimming them. The 75W did get very low and then went out. I had to keep dimming the 40w more until it went out too. It’s not that I think the 40W dimmed to a lower %, I think that the amount it dims per dim command is less. (If that hopefully makes sense.

Link:
https://www.amazon.com/Feit-Electric-BPA1540C-927CA-Bulb/dp/B07HMD1DSG/ref=sr_1_41?crid=1RL471U227D68&dchild=1&keywords=feit+40+watt+candelabra+bulbs&qid=1614826845&sprefix=feit+40+watt+candel%2Ctools%2C172&sr=8-41

Photo:

Approved full 30pts

Used With = Red Series Dimmer - LZW31-SN
Brand* = Feit
Bulb Style = Recessed Retrofit Can
Bulb Base = E26
Wattage Actual = 10.2
Wattage Equivalent = 75
Lumens = 925
Kelvin = 2700K (Soft White)
CRI = Unknown
Model* = LEDR56B927CAMP6
Min Setting* = Using HA Default
Max Setting* = Using HA Default
Dimmable Yes/No = Yes
Smart Bulb Yes/No = No
Where to Buy* = Home Depot
Notes = This is a retrofit can light that screws into a normal bulb base.

Link:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Feit-Electric-5-6-in-75W-Equivalent-Soft-White-2700K-Dimmable-CEC-Integrated-LED-Retrofit-White-Recessed-Light-Trim-Downlight-6-Pack-LEDR56B927CAMP6/304142655

03/22/21 - @Brianna_Inovelli – updated in the excel sheet :slight_smile: