RGBW bulbs turn on with a green hue

Hello!
A bit of a weird issue going on. I recently updated the driver for Inovelli LZW31-SN (red series dimmer) with the most current version (10/1/2020) and now some of my RGBW bulbs (phillips hue and inovelli) are coming on with a greenish hue. (all switches running 1.48 firmware) At first I thought it was the inovelli (LZW42 rgbw) bulb so I updated the firmware to 2.30 (fairly lengthy process with the zwave update tool) but then when I turned on another switch with phillips hue bulbs, the same thing happened. I can change the color of the phillips hue bulbs and the inovelli bulb independently but when I hit the button 1 pushed, the lights come on greenish (chartreuse/spring is what is showing in the device setting page). I’ve tried using the actions of “set dimmer” to 100% and “set color” to soft white (also tried warm white) but I get the same thing. Considering this is happening to two different manufacturer’s bulbs and two different protocols (zwave and zigbee) am I correct in assuming that this is a driver issue? It didn’t happen prior to updating the driver.

Additional info: when I turn on the bulb using the device driver page the bulb comes on white but when I use the physical switch, it comes on chartreuse/spring. Originally it was chartreuse but now it keeps showing spring as the color.

What are you using to turn on the lights? Button controller, ABC?

What does the statement look like? Can you post a screenshot?

Button Controller 3.1
For both, I’ve tried “set color” and “set dimmer” getting the same result.

This one controls one inovelli color bulb lzw42

This one controls two phillips hue bulbs BR30 color bulbs

My situation is different than yours as I am using a different controller (haven’t installed my LZW-31SN on my deck bulbs yet) on my smart bulbs, but I use the set color temperature rather than set color. Don’t know if that has any effect. The format of the command looks a little different (mine on top, yours on second row).

Color temperature worked! I’m still confused why my other bulbs controlled using the original settings come on as white, but I’ll take the “win.”

Thanks for the suggestion!

1 Like