Screwless Wall Plate

Hello, (FIRST POST! :slight_smile:)

I am planning on buying screwless wall plates and found two options but wanted to ask the community if one is better and more specifically which “white” matches the switch better.

Menards - Legrand Radiant Polycarbonate Decorator Screwless Wall Plate White
HomeDepot - Leviton Screwless Snap-On Decora Wall Plate White

Hope you are able to help before I go shopping tonight!

1 Like

I’ve gone the leviton route, photos are in this thread starting here. I think there a couple more further down also Config button interfering with paddle operation

I personally think they match but I’m far less concerned about how close as some other posts I’ve seen.

1 Like

We usually recommend Lutron face plates and they are a decent match on color.

3 Likes

Another vote for Leviton. I have several of them and they match quite well (at least I’ve not noticed a mismatch), and they’re a couple bucks cheaper than Lutron…

I had great success with these plates from Amazon. They match perfectly, are easy to install, and “unbreakable” polycarbonate so you can really push on them if you have to.

1-gang
2-gang
3-gang
4-gang

2 Likes

Nice! Thanks for the suggestion - we will have to check them out!

Thanks @RarelyComplete. Also thanks to this community for being a great resource. I have found that most questions I have had since doing starting to use Inovelli have already been asked and answered. Much appreciated!!

3 Likes

+1 for Leviton, after trying out the Lutron as well. Leviton doesn’t have the separator line between the two mount pieces, so asthetically looked better IMO. Couldn’t notice a color difference between the two, neither matched the switch color perfectly, but good enough against off-white walls. Both were deep enough that they sat flush to the wall (Leviton is less wide than a typical faceplate, so if you have imperfections around your junction box, they might peek out of the sides; time to break out the paint for touchups!).

Side-note: Any chance we could get an Inovelli switch with a matte finish front rather than glossy?

If you’re willing to spend a little bit of money, I highly recommend these plates:

Cleanplate Collections | Tedstuff – Tedstuff.com

In our new house I installed about 35 Blue 2-1’s and we went with the contemporary white plates with large copperplate font. We have a lot of 3 and 4 gang switch boxes in our house, even one 6 gang and the custom engraving is really nice to identify things. The engraving is subtle but readable and not industrial-looking like the plastic plates with black paint-filled engraving you can find elsewhere on the internet. The plates are heavy metal with strong magnets and built like a tank.

Way nicer than the screwless plastic plates I used to use. The engraving gives it a very high-end look, and a high WAF. My wife didn’t even bother to ask how much I spent on them. Great switches deserve great switch plates.

1 Like