SharpTools-SmartThings Inovelli Notifications

Hello, hoping someone can tell me where I’m going wrong. I’m migrating some rules to SharpTools and having a hard time triggering notifications on the LED bar. The fields exposed in SharpTools are text fields so I’m manually entering, for example, “solid” for setnotificationeffect. But my notification isn’t working so I think I have something wrong. I’ve attached a screen shot of the notification settings I’m trying. Any help is appreciated!

For blue or red series?

This switch is red series

SmartThings on an Edge driver, right?

I’ve only set notifications via SharpTools on Blues not Reds. I’m not in a position to test this this morning, but I am thinking the process may be the same. So I’ll explain how it works with a Blue and you can try it on a Red.

If you look in the Blue manual, the Animated Action section provides some detail.

setNotificationColor
This will be a decimal value, 0 - 255. Use the Inovelli Switch Toolbox, using the color slider to pick up the value you want.

setNotificationLevel
This will be a decimal value, 1 - 10 (although in my example I used 100). This is the brightness setting

setNotificationDuration
This will be a decimal value. The Blue manual explains this, sort of. It’s how long the notification stays on. For example, 61 = 1 minute

setNotificationEffect
This will be a decimal vale, 1 - ?. See the Blue manual, but use a lower number to start with, as the Blue has more effects than the Red.

Here is an example that runs on the Blue:

Blue Manual
https://community.inovelli.com/docs?topic=10349

1 Like

Correct, using an edge driver. I’ll give this all a try later today. Thank you!

1 Like

This will get you a red up and down thing, Chase maybe, for one minute, on a Red series:

Awesome! I just tried it and it works, now just need to figure out which number matches the “stock” red, yellow, etc. I’ll play around. Thank you!!!

1 Like

Had the same problem… FYI for notification effect on the Red Series
1 = Solid
2 = Chase
3 = Fast Blink
4 = Slow Blink
5 = Pulse

Use this Inovelli Switch Toolbox

I’m completely new to Sharptools, and just got all my devices re-added with Edge drivers and setting up automations all over again. I am trying to setup notifications, but I don’t seem to have the execute command option for my devices. Does that require a premium subscription? Or am I missing something in my setup?

Okay so you set the notification actions in the flow section. Click on the plus and then Action, Device and select your switch. Click on the Select Command drop down. You should have a bunch of options, including the four parameters for the notification. Are you not seeing those? Here’s part of what mine look like. The last of the four is off the screen at the bottom.

Thank you! I was literally looking for an execute command option and not just choosing the existing commands. That works exactly as intended now!

1 Like

Re-energizing this thread. I just got one of the newly released Red 2-1 switches. I have it installed on SmartThings via Edge drivers.

Having some problems getting a line of code to work with SharpTools integration. I want the LED bar to do various colors depending on the status of other items in my smart network.

I can get Sharp Tools to run its routine and change the light colors if I choose “setLEDbarColor” as my executable command and works…but that isn’t the parameter I want it to trigger. I want it to change the LED bar for Notifications…since the LED changes I’m trying to make have no relationship to the on/off status of the switch.

I’ve tried using the switch toolbox available here:

I can’t seem to figure out how/where to input the 8 digit Configuration value for a Notification. Almost as if this isn’t compatible with sharp tools.

I’ve tried to be less fancy and do a separate line for color and effect. It worked once or twice and then stopped working as well. I’m at a loss here.

Attached is a picture of my initial code. More will come later, but I can’t even get this to work right. I want it to initially go solid magenta (216) and then depending on some logic, go White.

There is something quirky with sharptools integrations with the notifications.

What am I missing???

This works on a Blue 2-1 so I’d try it on your Red.

I’ve found that at least with the app, the notification may not work if you don’t set all four parameters. Guessing it may be the same using the Rule Engine.

1 Like

Ok…I’ll try all 4 parameters.

The weird thing is it did seem to be working yesterday with the code I have…and then later yesterday and today it won’t work…and nothing changed. hmmm.

Duration time: 61= 60 seconds. Is there a max? Also, lets say I set the initial one for 10 seconds, and it gets a new notification color command…does the system get confused and try to display both colors or does it only display the most recent notification?

The max is indefinitely.
Typically, a new notification trumps the old one. Haven’t tried it with the Rule Engine and post Gen 2, but if I had to make a guess, that would be it.

1 Like

Thanks. I’ll add the additional parameters and report back

All 4 parameters seemed to do the trick. Thanks!

Duration=61 is 60 seconds.
Duration=300 is not 5 minutes. I set the duration to 500 and it maybe lasted 45 seconds. I didn’t time it but was far far less than 5 minutes. Anyone know the formula for determining the time?

1-60 is in seconds, 61-120 is minutes, and then it goes 121-254 in hours until you hit 255 for indefinite. Not sure how the ST driver handles it if you go past 255.

gotcha. so, 65 would be 5 minutes? 122 would be 2 hours? Do I understand that correctly?