Smart Bulb mode controlling plugin dimmers. How to?

Hey all! It’s been awhile since I’ve done anything smart home related (in the past I was running SmartThings and Alexa), but recently moved into a new home and decided to go with Home Assistant. I’ve purchased several of the Red Dimmers and I have a few Blue (and eventually White) dimmers coming as well. The goal is to have Zwave, Zigbee, and Matter all available and easily covering the house/yard/etc.

Yesterday while installing the first Red switch, I noticed the Smart Bulb mode listed in the manual. I didn’t even know this was a feature, but it was something I had tried to make work through SmartThings and Alexa with other brand switches for years! Essentially a wall switch capable of dimming my lamps/ambient lighting.

I’m trying to get this setup and working, but I’m still pretty new to home assistant, zwave js ui, and how all this works (way deeper level of control and settings than I ever had through my previous controllers).

I’ve loosely figured out how to associate the switch and the plug in dimmers in the zwave js ui app, but I’m at a loss as far as which exact settings I should be using and/or any specific configuration changes I should be making for the individual devices.

For now here are the devices I’m dealing with:
Home Assistant - Docker version running on an UnRAID Server
Zooz ZST39 800 Hub
Sonoff Zigbee 3.0 Hub
Inovelli 2-1 Dimmers (VZW31-SN)
Minoston Smart Plug Dimmer (MP21Z)

I have the dimmer switch configured as single pole, smart bulb mode enabled, and dimmer enabled.

I got them setup with identical security standards and the like and I’ve found the groups tab for the dimmer switch. When I go to add to the group is where I start to get lost. Root Endpoint vs Node, group levels, etc… could someone walk me through the exact process I need to get this working? I got it to sort of control one of the dimmer plugs, but it’s slow to react and doesn’t match what the dimmer switch is doing very well, if at all.

A step by step starting point for the setup of this would be very appreciated. Thanks.

I’m a little rusty on zwave association since I’m slowly replacing reds with blues.

Somebody please correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe it’s On/Off Control and Switch Multilevel Set that you need to setup in binding.

I currently only have 1 association left and it’s 2 red switches together and I’ve also associated Sw Multi Start/Stop. So that would be groups 2, 3 and 4 that I’m using and it’s been working great for years.