SmartThings Edge Drivers: LZW30-SN, LZW30, LZW31-SN, LZW31, LZW36, LZW41, LZW42, LZW45, LZW60, VZM31-SN, VZM35-SN, VZW31-SN, VZM36, NZW30, NZW31

Are those switches? i.e. LZW30-SNs If so, they are ON/OFF Switches, not dimmers. They won’t have a smart bulb mode. See my comment above.

Not sure I understand the issue, though . . .

No option. Am I making things up?? I thought there was a smart bulb mode before the switch from groovy to edge drivers.

Bry - I thought there was a smart bulb mode for the on/off. If no smart bulb mode, do you set up the button/paddles to control the smart bulb?

I don’t recall if there was or wasn’t a smart bulb mode under Groovy, but SBM for a switch makes no sense. You just need to Disable Local Control.

There are two components to the SBM when used with a DIMMER and a smart bulb:

1. Ensure the dimmer outputs full power i.e. it can’t be dimmed
  2. Ensure that physical paddle presses won’t cut power to the wired load.

When you use a SWITCH with a smart bulb, there is no need for #1. Switches always output full power, so #1 doesn’t apply to a switch. That leaves #2, which is the same as Disabling Local Control.

So if you have a smart bulb physically wired to a SWITCH (i.e. not a DIMMER) then turn the switch on and Disable Local Control. The smart bulb will then be receiving full power and phyical presses of the paddle with not cut the power to the wired load.

You can then control the bulb via automations initiated by the multi-tap functions of the switch. Or, if your bulb and switch are running the same protocol, you can bind or associate them. Personally, I would just use a Routine initiated by a tap or multi-taps and call it good.

2 Likes

I looked in the groovy driver and it didn’t reference smart bulb mode either. I promise I’m not trying to be difficult, I honestly couldn’t remember and just can’t find any reference to it on the LZW30 devices.

SmartThingsInovelli/devicetypes/inovelliusa/inovelli-switch-red-series-lzw30-sn.src/inovelli-switch-red-series-lzw30-sn.groovy at master · InovelliUSA/SmartThingsInovelli (github.com)

EricM and Bry,
I really appreciate the assistance. I really love the hell out of inovelli products. I’m happy you guys make such well thought out oroducts. I’ll use the multi-tap and call it good. :grinning: :+1:

1 Like

Hi all, Merry Christmas! For those with the blue series 2-1 switches and fan switches, does anyone have over ~32 installed and are having the driver crash?

I’m on a v2 hub with very few custom drivers, but with over 50 Inovelli switches. Im only able to use the Blue driver up to around 30 to 32 devices before the driver on every Inovelli blue device starts crashing rendering all switches dead. I have to switch back to ST’S stock driver to get things to stop crashing so they start working again. I have a lot of devices, but almost all are using stock drivers, and my hubs memory is reporting as ok. This started a few months ago and didn’t start with a firmware update either.

Is anyone else having similar issues like this? I am working with Inovelli on this since August, but im not sure if it is an isolated issue with me, or broader. I’m also considering writing my own “lite” driver and splitting up the switch and fan into separate drivers.

@EricM_Inovelli ,

I’m switching over some of my Blue switches (not the fan switches) back to Inovilli’s driver from ST’s to see if I can get past ~31 devices before the driver starts crashing, and I saw in the logcat for the driver these warning messages:

2024-01-12T13:46:44.608255010+00:00 INFO Inovelli Blue Series  initialize
2024-01-12T13:46:44.618452635+00:00 INFO Inovelli Blue Series  No color event received for ep1. Initializing value
2024-01-12T13:46:44.628916135+00:00 WARN Inovelli Blue Series  Attempted to generate event for 44b21bb1-2c86-41cc-913f-0e402f29d4f3.main but it does not support capability Color Control
2024-01-12T13:46:44.639305052+00:00 WARN Inovelli Blue Series  Attempted to generate event for 44b21bb1-2c86-41cc-913f-0e402f29d4f3.main but it does not support capability Color Control
2024-01-12T13:46:44.650111760+00:00 INFO Inovelli Blue Series  No fan event received. Initializing value
2024-01-12T13:46:44.660651135+00:00 WARN Inovelli Blue Series  Attempted to generate event for 44b21bb1-2c86-41cc-913f-0e402f29d4f3.main but it does not support capability Fan Speed

Anything I should be concerned about? Looks like the driver hasn’t been updated since October, and I can’t recall if these messages have always been there, so I thought I’d ask.

@Bry , I’m curious, how many Blue devices do you have in SmartThings?

Those messages won’t hurt anything. It is just because there are multiple devices that share that installation package. Doesn’t cause any problems though.

1 Like

Having an issue with vzw31-sn with firmware 1.02.
When a routine sets the default local level, it is indeed changing the default local level but it is also changing the minimum brightness parameter. However, it is not reflected when you go into the settings.

Ie night routine sets the default local level to 10. The lights indeed do default to that level of brightness, however, the light switch will no longer dim further. , if you cycle the switch through on and off paddle taps. When the light turns back on, it is the same brightness. However, it is then represented as 1% brightness in smart things. And you can no longer dim the light dimmer. The settings still show an original minimum brightness setting of one, if you change the minimum setting it resets back, or if you change the default local level through another routine level, it then readjust but then still locks in that value as the new minimum brightness.

Interesting I will take a look at the driver to see what is going on.

1 Like

Let me know if I need to provide you with anything.

@Lowman39 I found the error in the driver and just pushed an update to production. It should reach your hub within the next few hours.