Smartthings, Webcore and Innovelli ZW36 plug in modules

Hello, I’m a long term user and first time poster. I apologize if this is posted in the wrong place.

I have a demanding application for the ZW36 plug in module that works most of the time, but not always.

The application is to power a Misting Pump to be On for 15 seconds, then Off for 30 seconds, then back On for 15 seconds, etc.

To do this I have written a Webcore Piston using a virtual switch to begin and stop the cycling. The application works 80 to 90% of the time. I am looking to make this more reliable as it tends to lock up in the On position after 30 minutes or so. It usually begins to “Miss” cycles then eventually locks into the On state.

I use Google Assistant to trigger the Virtual Switch that then triggers the ZW36.

When I go into Groovy IDE I see that the ZW36 is tied directly to the ST Hub (Version 2) without any “hops” so it is not dependent on another device.

When I dig into the device in the Groovy IDE application the device is listed as a Zwave Switch Secure. Lower down it has a networkSecurityLevel: ZWAVE_S0_DOWNGRADE.

It is my understanding that there is a lot of “overhead” in the S0 security level.

Is there any way to reduce the overhead to try and make the sequence more reliable in this application? Any ideas? Or am I simply overextending the capabilities of Z-Wave?

Thanks in advance.
Steve

You need to change the device type from Z-Wave switch secure to the custom device handler by Inovelli. It should be type “LZW-31-SN Inovelli Red Dimmer Switch” or something like that. Check out support.inovelli.com for getting that DTH (device driver basically) into Smartthings via IDE.

Thank you kreen1987. I appreciate your help in this. I’ll load the correct device handler this weekend and give it a shot. It’s pretty warm now in Austin where the device is located…

Steve

Hi I have now created a custom device handler using the Inovelli code called Switch LZW30. In going through the documentation, this appears to be the correct DTH for for the ZW36 plug in module.

Is LZW30 the correct device handler for a ZW36 module?

Thanks for your help. You guys are great.

Steve

No that is for a different model. Here is the firmware link from github:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/InovelliUSA/SmartThingsInovelli/master/devicetypes/inovelliusa/inovelli-fan-light-lzw36.src/inovelli-fan-light-lzw36.groovy

Also, here is the support page where more info can be found:

https://support.inovelli.com/portal/en/kb/articles/switches-fan-light-lzw36-smartthings-device-handler-installation

Can’t stress that support.inovelli.com is fantastic!