Two 2-1 blues in 3 way configuration- unclear on HA setup

Hi there,

I have the switches installed, and they appear to do what they are supposed to do manually. However, interactions get weird between them if I attempt to turn off and on at separate switches so I am certain I have them misconfigured at HA.

I’m looking to understand what options I need to set at which switch in order to transfer state across the two sucessfully, and looking to have them act appropriately as a standard 3 way would (No dimming, just on/off).

I did some skimming on the forum and couldn’t find much. Thanks in advance!

I can’t answer the HA part of the equation, but something you said make me wonder about your wiring. Can you post some details about how you have them wired?

You said that “they appear to do what they are supposed to do manually.” When you are using two Inovelli switches, the secondary switch only gets power and a neutral, no load. So before they are bound, the secondary switch should do anything but power up since it has no load.

If you have tried binding and maybe just need to tweak it, then disregard this if you’re confident in the wiring.

1 Like

If you have everything wired correctly, you need to setup binding between the two switches.

This is done differently for ZHA and Zigbee2mqtt. You can check you these two Inovelli help articles:

1 Like

This was it, I needed to set up bindings appropriately to share state.

3 Likes