Two LZW31-SN in three-way using associations - LED sync

Yes, it works.

I checked and still don’t see the associations in HA. I set them in ZWJS2MQTT.

I also have noticed that these (https://support.inovelli.com/portal/en/kb/articles/can-i-install-multiple-smart-switches-in-a-3-way-4-way-etc) instructions are out of date, and don’t reflect the discussion here. I have a question about LZW30-SN stitches. I assumed that they should have their non-load switches’ parameter 12 set to 11, but it looks like their default is 10, not 15. What value should I use for these on/off switches?

Thanks in advance.

No, switches use parameter 4. Same setting 11 instead of 15.

Parameter 12 on a red switch is for energy reports.

2 Likes

Associate the LZW30-SNs with group 2. Note: There is a bug in the firmware that the switch states aren’t accurately reflected in HA (or ST/Hubitat/etc). I created an automation to change the state of the opposite switch when one changes. ie turning on the non-load will turn on the load even though the load is already on.

As @PJF said, set param 4 to 11 on the non-load. Param 4 on the load should be left at the default (15).

1 Like

Thanks, @PJF and @stu1811. I’ll test it out.

@stu1811 @PJF

I still have ZERO luck with getting these LZW31-SNs in a 3-way with HomeAssistant + ZWJS2MQTT
I know that for some of us the directions seem straight forward but for me this thread is an example of how it is anything but easy. I find that each time I square away time to try again, I have to relearn everything again.

Here are the steps that I took that do NOT work for me:

1. Pair both switches with the same security level

2. Associate load switch to non load with groups 3 and 4

3. Associate non load switch to load switch with groups 3 and 4

4. On non load switch set parameter 12 (association behavior) to 11

Node25: Non-load

Node22: Load

When I set these settings and then try to manually dim BRIGHTER the load switch… it essentially flickers rapidly and slowly dims DARKER the switch instead. Once its fully off… trying to turn that load switch on or off does nothing to the light whatsoever, until I revert all the above settings.

PLEASE someone help me get these switches working. its been over 2yrs of them not working.

On the non load you want the hub set to Disabled. In the load all should be enabled.

@stu1811 OH MY GAAAAAWD!!!
THEIR WORKING!!! FINALLY… AFTER 2 YEARS of not working.
After 2 years of my wife telling me to uninstall them and put dumb switches in… IT"S WORKING!!!

THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH @stu1811 , like seriously… so much appreciated.
Do you have a patreon or beerme… cause I owe you a six pack of your fav.

1 Like

Appreciate the offer. I’ll look into those for the future. For now I’m just happy to support the community. :+1:

2 Likes

You get 11 by adding up the last number of the code for the partial parameters of 12 that are set to 1.
Timer -8
z-wave -4
3-way -2
Local -1
If you set z-wave to 0 then you get 8+2+1 = 11

On parameter 22 the way you set it you get 8+4+1 = 13

If you want the dim and ramp parameters to be different values (parameters 1-4) then you also need to associate group 2 for that to work right.

You can actually set 11 on either one of them, but not both. I have 2 associated together and they both have a load and that works fine. It’s even a black and red dimmer set.