Unable to factory reset a blue switch

I’ve got a blue 2-1 switch that never worked correctly from the start but previously had SOME (strange) functionality to it. I’ve since lost all control of this switch and am trying to factory reset it without any luck. Switch is wired with neutral and the load is currently a single lamp with a single non-smart LED bulb. I have swapped the switch with another one and the replacement works perfectly so it doesn’t appear to be a wiring issue.

• When the circuit to the switch is on the load is also on. I cannot control the load with the paddle.
  • Flipping the circuit breaker or using air gap results in off → red → green → blue → dim blue. No pulsing or other colors appear. The dim blue is very likely the same 173 hue 10% brightness that I configure all my switches to for “off” color so I believe the switch is booting up successfully but thinks it is off and does not accept any inputs.
  • Config+UP does not have any effect within 60 seconds. Config then up, up then config, or simultaneous presses along with all combinations of releasing the buttons are all ineffective. LED bar never changes from dim blue in any scenario. I’ve been able to perform this action on other switches without any problems.
  • It is not currently connected to my Zigbee (Z2M) network and as far as I can tell it doesn’t seem to attempt to pair. It was previously connected and was force removed due to not functioning correctly and doing factory resets. There may be more detailed traffic logs which could give me more conclusive info on this but I’m not sure where to check.

FWIW this particular switch never worked correctly. When I first installed it I could pair it with my Zigbee network but only had partial control of the switch. Depending on the configuration I could get the switch to respond to physical control but not Zigbee control, or I could get it to response to Zigbee control but not physical, or I could get it to turn on via either method but completely unable to turn off without flipping the circuit breaker. Just strange all around really and I did multiple factory resets during my debugging efforts.

Since configuration alone wasn’t fixing anything I did a firmware update via Z2M, same as my other switches, and it appeared to work correctly as I could still control (in the same limited sense explained above) the switch afterwards. Ultimately though, during further debugging I either disabled local control or did something it didn’t like because I got into the current non-functional state. I also removed it from my Zigbee network expecting to factory reset it but ended up in this situation where it accepts no inputs whatsoever. I’ve tried everything I can think of and am assuming it’s failed in some way but maybe there is something else I can try before giving up?