Up and Down Pressed 2+ Times Not Triggering on Blue Series with SmartThings

I have been trying to configure additional button presses on my new Blue Series switches but I have not been able to get the 2+ Presses working on the Up or Down button. I can successfully set up actions on Pressed and Held, as well as Pressed and Pressed 2x for the config button. However for up and down, no matter how many times I press it (with routines configured) it just takes the Pressed (or On/Off) action. I have tried varying the speed of my presses as well. Is there a trick to get this to work that I missed?

Also, what is the difference between Held and Held Down?

I’m certainly not an expert, but check parameter 50 and make sure your “Button Press Delay” isn’t set to 0 (or too low in general). The lower it is the quicker the double tap needs to be. And at 0 it will never register the double tap.

1 Like

Thanks, that was the issue. I see the text now that says it disables multi-tap scenes, but I didn’t see it when I was going though setting them all to 0.

Any idea what the difference is between Held and Held Down?

Held is the down paddle. Held down is the down paddle and remains pushed (think dimming down) I believe.