UPDATE: Dimmer Switches Update Thread - Production Starts Oct. 4th!

the red is 3 feet away from the hub and the black is about 15 feet away from the hub and only inches from other zwave switches. only these two new inovelli dimmers are failing.

The issue might be the fact you use vera instead of another software?

I use homeseer and it works as good as any other brand I own (homeseer, ge/gasco, leviton)

That’s odd. I have 4 red dimmers and 2 black dimmers and have never experienced a drop-out with my hubitat. The hubitat is in my basement but I have a few other zwave plus items on the first floor of my home that establish the mesh for the rest of the devices.

6 Red Series dimmers, 2 Red Series switches… zero issues so far. I consistently do a z-wave repair on my Hubitat each time I add a device. I had serious issues before I started that practice (right around the time these new devices hit the market).

BTW… I was on VeraPlus before moving to Hubitat. Changed my life! lol

4 dimmers and on/off switches on ST. Never had a single issue.

my question for the Hubitat, homeseer, SmartThings, etc folks,… do you know for sure your device isn’t disconnecting from and reconnecting to the network?

On the Vera you have to enable the option “Device Error Alert” to get the alerts.
the default is off.

On Hubitat and ST, you really just have to monitor last device activity. They aren’t constantly transmitting things to the hub, so this depends on the device (how long you’re willing to wait before you’d consider it a problem based on typical behavior from the device). I never got that far into Vera but can’t imagine it’s doing anything too different here.

There’s no need to do this manually; there are third-party apps on Hubitat (Device Watchdog is my favorite) that can monitor this, and and I know similar solutions exist for SmartThings, but I don’t use Z-Wave on that platform anymore and can’t speak to community favorites (it is what the hub’s own built-in Device Health feature is suppsoed to do, but I think people have generally had pretty bad luck with oversensitivty on that).

I still have not received the promised load resistor.

Closing this out as the Dimmers are now available. Thanks everyone for your support!