Vanishing Red Dimmer

I have an Inovelli Red Dimmer LZW31-SN that reset and disappeared from the ST app early this week and again last night. It was a pre-order from the original batch, installed at the end of 2019. Previously it had always been reliable. A second switch of the same model, installed in 2021, continues to work without issues. When I noticed it was gone the first time, I was able to add it back without doing an exclude or other unusual actions.

Any troubleshooting steps I should take before I add it again? It hasn’t had the firmware updated since it shipped - I tried with a z-stick a couple of years ago when I re-added it for Edge drivers, but gave up when I wasn’t able to get the appropriate response early in the process.

Same information also sent to ST support to see if they identify anything on the hub side.

Tagging @EricM_Inovelli, for some reason I couldn’t get that in the initial post…

To be honest, it sounds like the switch is getting factory reset. When a z-wave device gets factory reset it sends a “device reset locally” report to the hub. Some hubs will delete the device at this point. The fact that you could add it back to the network at this point without doing an exclude points to that as well. You don’t have anyone around that might be resetting it do you? Any small kids in the house?

It had a box sitting in front of it during the period when both resets happened. I thought maybe someone accidentally hit a magic button combo while reaching behind the box but 20 seconds on the config button seems unlikely. Triple tapping it or pressing up+config is more possible but I don’t see that listed as any kind of pair / reset action. The box is gone now, so we’ll see if it sticks this time…

Sounds good, let us know how it goes.