VZM31-SN floods HA log with "invalid value" messages for maximumLevel

I have six Blue Series 2-1 switches in Home Assistant running under Zigbee2MQTT. For five of the switches I get hundreds of error message in the log each day like this:

2024-02-19 09:23:05.785 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.mqtt.number] Invalid value for number.downstairs_hall_light_maximumlevel: 255 (range 2.0 - 254.0)

In Z2M the State tab for that switch indeed lists the “invalid” configuration:

{
    "maximumLevel": 255,
    "minimumLevel": 1,
}

The one switch of the six that doesn’t report that error shows a “maximumLevel” of 254 on the State tab.

I’d like to stop this flood of error messages, but I’m not sure how. Could someone please point to where I can fix the configuration?

I had this error on one of mine. Factory reset fixed the problem.

I’m seeing this in my environment after having recently factory reset all of my switches. Are there any other solutions folks have found? I’ve tried setting the max value to 254, but that doesn’t seem to make a difference (I missed a switch when testing 254 and misread the logs)

Quick edit:
I do see the parameter does have 254 listed as the max value for maximumLevel in the Zigbee2Mqtt documentation. Inovelli’s documentation does list 255 as the default (and thus one would assume the actual maximum value for the range), however. So which is correct?