VZM31-SN Switch not Updating to 2.18 (HomeAssistant w/ZHA)

Hello!

I am having issues upgrading my VZM31-SN switches to the latest 2.18 (beta) firmware. It seems they all are are running sw_build_id 2.15 on my switches. I am using HomeAssistant 2024.5.2 with ZHA with the intial release of 2024.5 I was able to update my VZM36 canopy and my VZM35-SN switch. I beleive the problem is that the https://files.inovelli.com/firmware/firmware-zha-v2.json file which the current version zigpy uses has not been updated to include this version of the firmware, and given that my other two devices did update to the versions which are defined in that file this seems to align with my hypothesis.

Is there any way to either force zigpy/zha to use a different URL? Is there any reason this file wasn’t updated?

Thanks!

I found part of my answer… it looks like ZHA doesn’y support OTA URL overrides yet… but there is an open PR to add this capability in a future release if it gets merged: Allow OTA provider URL overrides by puddly · Pull Request #1398 · zigpy/zigpy · GitHub

This said, it looks like the only current option for the forseeable future is to update firmware-zha-v2.json file on inovelli’s server.

May want to follow this thread - Blue Series 2-1 Firmware Changelog | VZM31-SN - #984 by xenokira - as they have been discussing this firmware. I would go to the last couple weeks. I remember seeing things about ZHA, but since I use Z2M, I didn’t pay too much attention to it.