Vzm31sn and vzm36 double tap up binding

I’ve got a vzm31sn in smart bulb mode controlling a vzm36. It works great having the brightness of the two bound together (hold down dims vzm36 and hold up brightens vzm36). However, when I double tap up or down on the vzm31 it does not seem to send that brightness to the vzm36. Is there something i’m missing?

P.S. Great products overall and loving my experiences!

Here’s how my VZM31-SN looks in Z2M… I only have double tap up enabled, but it controls my VZM36 when I do so.

Do you have the double taps enabled? and what do you have the levels set at?

I do, but I’m still not seeing the expected behavior. You can see some of my settings below:

Is button delay a requirement to detect the double tap? I have the button delay set to 0ms.

Yes. The switch cannot detect any multi taps if the button tap delay is 0ms.