VZM36 & Home Assistant Errors

I just got my VZM36 Smart Fan/Light Canopy Module (Fan Speed + Light Dimming) and am trying to both:

• Connect the canopy to Home Assistant (HA)
  • Use my existing LZW36 to control the canopy (LZW36 has the known issue)

So far I’ve been able to add the VZM36 to HA without any issue. But by default I have 2 light controls and 1 fan control. I quickly discovered that one of the light controls manages the fan.

Using HA, the light and fan controls do not operate consistently.

• There’s a 2-4s delay in actions
  • Occasionally, the light flickers in a pattern of 3, pause, then 3, then it either turns on or off.
  • Sometimes the HA controls don’t work at all and the icons are not representing the states (ie: light is on, but the light icon is off)

Also, I can’t seem to find the spot to see and change parameters. I’m more familiar with ZWave, but if anyone has a tip on where to find it in HA let me know.

Anyway, I did create a simply automation based on this blueprint I use for other switches to:

• Top button press: Toggle light
  • Bottom button press: Toggle fan
  • Top button top rocker: Increase brightness
  • Top button bottom rocker: decrease brightness

The issues I’m having are:

• I don’t see an option to increase/decrease fan speed. Is this available?
  • The button presses are extremely inconsistent, only working less that 20% of the time for any action.
  • It would be great to connect the LZW36 LED notification to the states and speed/brightness, but that might be a more complex automation need.

Below are my recent log entries, with several 102 errors.

Is anyone else experiencing these issues that can help? Or is there a special set-up needed for HA and the canopy?

Quick update: it is now showing that the canopy is offline :frowning:

Logger: homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection
Source: components/websocket_api/commands.py:239
integration: Home Assistant WebSocket API (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 9:16:56 AM (32 occurrences)
Last logged: 10:08:09 AM

[140382670494272] Failed to send request: Failed to deliver message: <EmberStatus.DELIVERY_FAILED: 102>
[140382717470016] Failed to send request: Failed to deliver message: <EmberStatus.DELIVERY_FAILED: 102>
[140382718172352] Failed to send request: Failed to deliver message: <EmberStatus.DELIVERY_FAILED: 102>
[140382715323840] Failed to send request: Failed to deliver message: <EmberStatus.DELIVERY_FAILED: 102>
[140382721877568] Failed to send request: Failed to deliver message: <EmberStatus.DELIVERY_FAILED: 102>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/core/cluster_handlers/__init__.py", line 63, in wrap_zigpy_exceptions
    yield
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/core/cluster_handlers/__init__.py", line 83, in wrapper
    return await RETRYABLE_REQUEST_DECORATOR(func)(*args, **kwargs)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/zigpy/util.py", line 131, in retry
    return await func()
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/zigpy/zcl/__init__.py", line 626, in write_attributes
    return await self.write_attributes_raw(attrs, manufacturer)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/zigpy/zcl/__init__.py", line 632, in write_attributes_raw
    result = await self._write_attributes(attrs, manufacturer=manufacturer)
             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/zigpy/zcl/__init__.py", line 377, in request
    return await self._endpoint.request(
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/zigpy/endpoint.py", line 253, in request
    return await self.device.request(
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/zigpy/device.py", line 339, in request
    await send_request()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/zigpy/application.py", line 841, in request
    await self.send_packet(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/bellows/zigbee/application.py", line 931, in send_packet
    raise zigpy.exceptions.DeliveryError(
zigpy.exceptions.DeliveryError: Failed to deliver message: <EmberStatus.DELIVERY_FAILED: 102>

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py", line 239, in handle_call_service
    response = await hass.services.async_call(
               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 2319, in async_call
    response_data = await coro
                    ^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 2356, in _execute_service
    return await target(service_call)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 905, in entity_service_call
    single_response = await _handle_entity_call(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 975, in _handle_entity_call
    result = await task
             ^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/fan/__init__.py", line 334, in async_handle_turn_on_service
    await self.async_turn_on(percentage, preset_mode, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/fan.py", line 120, in async_turn_on
    await self.async_set_percentage(percentage)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/fan.py", line 129, in async_set_percentage
    await self._async_set_fan_mode(fan_mode)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/fan.py", line 186, in _async_set_fan_mode
    await self._fan_cluster_handler.async_set_speed(fan_mode)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/core/cluster_handlers/hvac.py", line 62, in async_set_speed
    await self.write_attributes_safe({Fan.AttributeDefs.fan_mode.name: value})
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/core/cluster_handlers/__init__.py", line 540, in write_attributes_safe
    res = await self.write_attributes(attributes, manufacturer=manufacturer)
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/core/cluster_handlers/__init__.py", line 82, in wrapper
    with wrap_zigpy_exceptions():
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/contextlib.py", line 158, in __exit__
    self.gen.throw(value)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/core/cluster_handlers/__init__.py", line 74, in wrap_zigpy_exceptions
    raise HomeAssistantError(message) from exc
homeassistant.exceptions.HomeAssistantError: Failed to send request: Failed to deliver message: <EmberStatus.DELIVERY_FAILED: 102>

Logger: homeassistant.components.automation.bed_room_automation
Source: helpers/script.py:1805
integration: Automation (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 9:33:16 AM (20 occurrences)
Last logged: 10:15:10 AM

Bed Room Automation: Choose at step 5: choice 1: Error executing script. Error for device at pos 1: Failed to send request: Failed to deliver message: <EmberStatus.DELIVERY_FAILED: 102>
Bed Room Automation: Error executing script. Error for choose at pos 5: Failed to send request: Failed to deliver message: <EmberStatus.DELIVERY_FAILED: 102>
Bed Room Automation: Choose at step 5: choice 13: Error executing script. Error for device at pos 1: Failed to send request: Failed to deliver message: <EmberStatus.DELIVERY_FAILED: 102>
Logger: homeassistant.components.automation.bed_room_automation
Source: components/automation/__init__.py:687
integration: Automation (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 9:33:16 AM (10 occurrences)
Last logged: 10:15:10 AM

Error while executing automation automation.bed_room_automation: Failed to send request: Failed to deliver message: <EmberStatus.DELIVERY_FAILED: 102>