VZW32-SN - Dimming command does not scale values against P10 max dim level (and possibly P9)

Context

I have a VZW32-SN where I set P10 to 80 because there is no difference in brightness between 80 and 100 on one of my lights (LED).

(BTW my platform is Homey, it’s not in the list but that’s likely irrelevant to this report).

Observed behavior

When I send a command to dim to 80%, the switch’s internal dimming is set to 80%.

This means dimming down from 100% to 80% on a user interface makes no difference because 80/80 = 1. The LED bar shows 100% as well.

Expected behavior

When I send a command to dim to 80%, I expect the switch to set the absolute dimming value by scaling the configured effective range (concretely:internal_dim = p9 + user_dim * (p10 - p9) / 100, assuming dim in 0..100).

In my scenario, this would set the switch’s internal dimming value to 64, instead of 80. The LED bar would show 64% as well.

Of course the switch would still report a user-facing value of 80%, unless someone updates P9 or P10, at which point the user-facing value is recomputed based on the current internal dimming value.

Note: I have not tried setting p9 to a non-0 value, but I’d suggest verifying whether it is taken into account or not.