Which Innoveli switch should be used for RF controlled ceiling fans?

New to Innoveli and am loving the products so far. I have two ceiling fans that are controlled through an RF remote, along with a Bond bridge that i use to control them through RF for automation. I’m stuck on if I would need to use the VZM35-SN or if I can use the VZM31-SN. I would prefer to use the VZM31-SN since I can put in smart bulb mode so that the ceiling fan has constant power, which I don’t think the VZM35-SN can do. Here is the info on the ceiling fan model if needed:

Ashby Park 60 in. White Color Changing Integrated LED Brushed Nickel Ceiling Fan with Light Kit and Remote Control.

Fan switch (VZW35) is what you’ll use. The fan switch has smart fan mode which enables full time power if you’re planning to use bond or your rf remote still.

That sounds like it will work great. I’m assuming that I would use the fan switch in smart fan mode for outlets tied to switches? That way I can also have full time power at the outlets.

Tying outlets to smart switches is a slippery slope fraught with caveats… I have no clue whether or not the fan switch is a reasonable candidate to possibly do that, but I would strongly encourage you to avoid ALL of that headache by just wiring the outlet(s) hot directly (i.e. remove/bypass its switch control).

If you do this, you’ll likely additionally need to replace the corresponding outlet(s) too, since the connecting tab is probably intentionally broken to facilitate switch control. The replacement outlet would then be installed with its tab intact.

Edit – to fully cover all bases here, be aware that doing this could be a code issue if you sell the house (in the case of that switched outlet being the only thing satisfying the rule to have an operable room light accessible at the room entrance), but it’s not a safety issue beyond having a dark room. If you sell (and take your smart switch with you), this would be an easy enough thing to reverse back to a switched outlet. I have one room in my house where I’m in this boat.

I agree with this. I think I’ll work with an electrician to have the outlets to be always hot rather than using the switch. Thanks for the advice.