Z-Wave 800 Series 2-1 Switch - New LED control parameter

When I press ‘RESET’ on parameter 99, the log seems to output: “reset to default: true” (see screenshot).

Is that correct? If yes, I don’t know how to send that command from node-red. Any ideas?

I never seen anything that says you can sent the device a command to reset a single parameter to it’s factory default. I’ve only ever seen it said to reset the whole device to set it back to factory defaults. So, I don’t know what it is doing there. Got more or the log before that segment? That bit seems to be saying to get updates on the configurationCCSet command.

Yes. The z-wave Configuration:Set command includes a field that resets a parameter back to its default state. I’m not familiar with node-red, but if you’re able to construct raw z-wave commands then you may be able to trigger it.

Just for documenting purposes, the Effect code is also different between 800 vs older series.
For anyone who wants to check which code is what I recommend checking the JS code (the firmware js file under SwitchDefinitions) in this page Inovelli Switch Toolbox.
(e.g. Pulse is 4, Fast Blink is 2 and Chase is 5 in the new series while in the previous dimmer these values are 5, 3 and 2 respectively.

OK. This service call from HA will reset the LED notification to defaults (but will still have to figure it out via multicast if/when I have more than one switch):

service: zwave_js.set_config_parameter
data:
  parameter: "99"
  bitmask: "0xff000000"
  value: "0"
target:
  entity_id: light.inovelli_vzw31-sn_switch

So, just set it to zero then.

2 Likes

Below is the equivalent of the reset button, setting parameter 99 back to defaults:

service: zwave_js.invoke_cc_api
data:
  command_class: 112
  method_name: reset
  parameters:
target:
  entity_id: light.kitchen_switch

ZwaveJS won’t poll the parameter afterwards so you can follow up with a Get command to have the updated configuration values populate in HA:

service: zwave_js.invoke_cc_api
data:
  command_class: 112
  method_name: get
  parameters:
target:
  entity_id: light.kitchen_switch

Ok, I just set 99 to zero on mine and the notification clears…

I get an error when I set it to 0.

Which version of ZWave JS UI are you running? There was a bug in it that was messing up some parameters and showing the weird “param-property” thing. It’s been fixed now, so maybe updating would help? After I updated I no longer saw the messed up parameters.

I’m running:

zwave-js-ui: 8.21.2
zwave-js: 11.6.0

I would re-interview the nodes, I think that’s what did the trick for me.

1 Like

the reinteview worked (sometimes, i need people to tell me obvious things to try).

thank you, my dudes.

1 Like

Good you got it figured out. I can set all 4 parts of 99 in the parameters to 0 individually. At the end of the parameters under custom config I can also set 99 with a size of 4 to zero.

Man, you guys are going to kill me. It was working well after the interview…but now param099 (property) has disappeared.

That param099 field allowed me to input one number to get color/effect/duration/etc. and now it’s gone. My screenshot from earlier is still posted above in this thread, and you can see it was there.

I’ve taken another screenshot (yes, it’s the same switch, I only have ONE).

I have:

1. Excluded the switch, and re-included it
  2. Done a factory reset
  3. no security on the switch

WTF. How are you guys doing this?

What’s your version of zwavejs? My HA addon is 1.15.2. Or zwave-js-ui 8.21.2.

Edit: 99 persisted after reinterview

I have that parameter, but that doesn’t appear to be the same thing. All LED Strip Effect-Level goes from 1 to 100…and that might just be the ‘height’ of the lights in the vertical LED bar.

I’m looking for the field that allows for a single input from the inovelli switch toolbox: Inovelli Switch Toolbox

I also apologize in advance for being the most chatty (and annoying) person on this thread.

You want to use the bulk set option service call. Let me find it…

That parameter was going to disappear. It was only there because of a bug. Any parameters that have multiple parts stored in them only show broken down into the parts.

Go to the bottom to the custom parameter and enter 99 with a length of 4 and put the number in there.

Hmmm. I can’t get it to work. Verify my calculation:
(duration) 0xFF = 0
(level) 0XFF00 = 0
(color) 0xFF0000 = 0
(effect) 0xFF000000 = 255

or all together 0xFF000000 or 4278190080. This value is rejected by zwavejs. Does it store the value as an INT or UINT? It’s too big for a signed INT.

Edit: I ended up pulling the airgap to clear my notification.