Z-Wave 800 Series 2-1 Switch - New LED control parameter

I went to custom configuration and put,
Unsigned

As the fields. It works fine and clears the notification.

All zeros works to clear notifications too with the bar going off for about 1/2 a second.

1 Like

Ok this works, thank you PJF! I donā€™t know why ā€˜sizeā€™ should be 4 (yet), and i donā€™t know what signed vs unsigned means (yet) but it works.

Iā€™ve never had to use the custom configuration area of the z-wave js ui.

Is there anywhere I can read more about sending custom config parameters? I would like to send these from node red (if I could even figure out how to the correct HA service call to start). I donā€™t want to manually go into the config here an play with the lights manually obviouslyl.

philh30ā€¦any idea how to SET a value for the LED on a VZW31-SN using a service call?

(life was so easy before the single value parameter was removedā€¦if it was a bug, it was a useful one)

You need to use the zwave_js.bulk_set_partial_config_parameters service to set all of the components of that parameter at the same time. Everything else should be as you have it, though I would hit endpoint 0 which is the root endpoint (or uncheck endpoint and leave it blank to default to 0 if it lets you).

The whole param 99 is 32 bits or 4 bytes. Each field (duration, brightness, color, effect) is 1 byte.

It looks like the clear value is missing from the configuration which may be causing some of our problems.

service: zwave_js.set_config_parameter
data:
  endpoint: 0
  bitmask: "0xff000000"
  parameter: "99"
  value: "255"
target:
  entity_id: light.driveway_light

Give this error:

Failed to call service zwave_js.set_config_parameter. Node(node_id=70) - InvalidNewValue: Must provide a value for 70-112-0-99-4278190080 that represents a valid state key or label from {"0": "Off", "1": "Solid", "2": "Fast Blink", "3": "Slow Blink", "4": "Pulse", "5": "Chase", "6": "Open/Close", "7": "Small to Big", "8": "Aurora", "9": "Slow Fall", "10": "Medium Fall", "11": "Fast Fall", "12": "Slow Rise", "13": "Medium Rise", "14": "Fast Rise", "15": "Medium Blink", "16": "Slow Chase", "17": "Fast Chase", "18": "Slow Siren", "19": "Fast Siren"}

Thanks philh30. This service call works (below)ā€¦but i have to tell you, this is a cluster#@#$ of a complicated mess. Way more difficult than it needs to be. The single parameter (or ā€˜bugā€™) that existed earlier was way easier. This is a downgrade IMHO.

Whatā€™s the point of the inovelli switch toolbox now?

All this below, just to turn the LED solid green. Jeez Louise. How would this work if you wanted to turn 10 switches solid green with multicast?

service: zwave_js.bulk_set_partial_config_parameters
data:
  parameter: 99
  value:
    "0xff": 255
    "0xff00": 100
    "0xff0000": 85
    "0xff000000": 1
target:
  entity_id: light.soffit_lights

Try this:

service: zwave_js.bulk_set_partial_config_parameters
data:
  parameter: 99
  value: 2335671
target:
  entity_id: light.soffit_lights

I opened a bug to get the clear effect into zwavejs

1 Like

if you set value: ā€œ255ā€ to ā€œ0ā€ youā€™ll clear/reset the led/notification.

Itā€™s already there as of 3 months ago. Are you using a custom config file?

nope, no custom config file here.

What shows in this drop down?

same as yours.
Screenshot 2023-07-27 at 08.00.57

Parsing out those codes, 2335671 is a level over 100, so itā€™s correct to error. 33491666 has color 255, which is white.

If youā€™re using the toolkit, I donā€™t think it has the 2-1 parameters correct.

Check this out. Itā€™s not updated yet for the new Red 2-1 Switches, but heā€™s working on it.

you are correct. my error.

yes, iā€™m aware. itā€™s coming soon. that will help.

I removed the custom config file yesterday but forgot to refresh the Configuration v4. All good now.

@philh30 can you try this. Iā€™m still getting an error setting effect to 255.

service: zwave_js.set_config_parameter
data:
  bitmask: "0xff000000"
  parameter: "99"
  value: "255"
target:
  entity_id: light.driveway_light