Z-Wave 800 Series 2-1 Switch (On/Off & Dimmer) | Project Phoenix

Looking forward to seeing these come back. And willing to help if you need a beta tester (especially for some LZW36).

We have a new approach to it that we’re RFP’ing.

Direct integration with the Canopy is a minor Grail. Deliverable Q2 '23, or is that a pipedream?

I <3 the LZW36 I have in the Den, but I’ve been scared to move it to the Nursery since it’s finally stable/reliable. Kiddo is now 16 mos - what are the odds I can finish the fans before he goes to college? :wink:

Definitely the holy grail here as my keypadlincs and fanlincs have just started dying and I have no good alternative at the moment. I can’t wait to (pre)order these as soon as they become available.

Will this be the same dimming tech as the Blue Dimmer? I’m asking as i have a LED fixture that flicker with the Blue/Red/Black dimmers. And would love to replace that last dumb dimmer in the house.

Yeah, this will be using the same dimming technology as the Blue Series. What fixture do you have? We’re looking at a couple ways to get better compatibility, but it unfortunately can’t be a hardware fix.

This is the problematic fixture : Chandelier TALEA CREATION NOVA | Multi Lighting

Some more information in this thread, Troubles dimming with Blue Series a Led light - Switches / General Discussion - Inovelli Community.

If you need a new beta tester, please consider me. As a programmer myself I would be able to bring a methodical and thorough approach to testing and bug reporting.

1 Like

I would offer to be a beta tester also, possibly my hardware engineering experience could be of use.

My reply is buried behind the other willing beta testers…but I would toss my name in the ring as well. Regardless, I’m super hyped about this project. Since the blue series 2-1 announced, this z-wave version was an obvious next step…and I look forward to the day that 100% of my switches are Red/Blue 2-1s (excluding ceiling fans and other specialized situations for which I also await Inovelli products :rofl:).

I’d love to be a beta tester. I’ve got lots of ideas of things I can do to put it through its paces.

I’ll throw my name in the hat for any beta testing as well. I’m an unworthy traitor that’s been trying to fill my inovelli red series void with competitor offerings during the shortage. Willing to do whatever it takes to get these things on the streets so we don’t have to barter and steal some sloppy secondhand reds from the people that switched over to blues.

1 Like

I am NOT interested in beta testing

Is the original post up to date? Was there an issue with PCBA prototype production? Thanks in advance for the transparency and communications!

1 Like

December 1st! Is it pre-order time yet?

RED SERIES 2-1 SWITCH (800 SERIES Z-WAVE)

Regular priceSale price$55.00

This product is currently in beta and should be open for pre-orders in December 2022.

:grin:

Would be happy to beta test.

Would be happy to beta test pre-order! :laughing:

2 Likes

All these offers for beta testing make me want to say something that I know Eric H. is too nice to say :blush:

Be aware that beta testing comes with an expectation of actual TESTING and REPORTING and likely re-testing and re-reporting with updated firmware. This ultimately should include testing most if not all features … even if they are features that you may not intend to use in your home :nerd_face: It’s not just for early adopters’ personal use. :confounded:

I’m only mentioning this because in the Blue Series beta test we had a couple of people that received beta test units and never reported anything back. They basically got free hardware for nothing in return and that is not fair to Inovelli or to others that are willing to give back some personal time and effort to help improve the product.

13 Likes

Well said @mamber

I’m kinda disappointed you have to say it, but I’m glad you did. My perspective is probably skewed by working in technology and dealing with firefighting/debugging all the time. :rofl:

3 Likes

I feel for you @mamber
Working in the Healthcare Technology field as a SRE for 10+ years has taught me a few things about end user testing and it usually ends in “This got tested in non prod right? Nope…” Then it’s test, document change, implement change, test, pull my hair out, revert changes, document my thoughts as I stare into the void, then just keep looping through different iterations and finally figure out the issue. :crazy_face:

1 Like

Agree and hope others realize the same!

1 Like