Z2M Errors during Publish 'get'

I keep getting errors similar to the error below. I’m not sure where to go to get them to stop, but my logs keep getting flooded with these errors. I’m running HA with Z2M with the Sonoff adapter and Node Red if that helps.

Publish 'get' 'dimmingSpeedUpLocal' to 'Switch Laundry Room 2' failed: 'Error: Read 0x385b44fffeee12c9/1 manuSpecificInovelliVZM31SN(["dimmingSpeedUpLocal"], {"sendWhen":"immediate","timeout":10000,"disableResponse":false,"disableRecovery":false,"disableDefaultResponse":true,"direction":0,"srcEndpoint":null,"reservedBits":0,"manufacturerCode":4655,"transactionSequenceNumber":null,"writeUndiv":false}) failed (SREQ '--> ZDO - extRouteDisc - {"dstAddr":37679,"options":0,"radius":30}' failed with status '(0xc7: NWK_TABLE_FULL)' (expected '(0x00: SUCCESS)'))'
Publish 'get' 'defaultLed6ColorWhenOn' to 'Switch Master Toilet Light' failed: 'Error: Read 0x385b44fffeee110d/1 manuSpecificInovelliVZM31SN(["defaultLed6ColorWhenOn"], {"sendWhen":"immediate","timeout":10000,"disableResponse":false,"disableRecovery":false,"disableDefaultResponse":true,"direction":0,"srcEndpoint":null,"reservedBits":0,"manufacturerCode":4655,"transactionSequenceNumber":null,"writeUndiv":false}) failed (Timeout - 41284 - 1 - 44 - 64561 - 1 after 10000ms)'

Thanks!

What is the firmware version on the switch and what is the version of z2m?

The switch firmware is 2.08 and Z2M is 1.30.1-1.

Did you reconfigure after updating the switch?

This sounds like a coordinator error, and (0xc7: NWK_TABLE_FULL) is listed on the docs for Zigbee2MQTT as a common error code. It usually happens “when the wireless spectrum is too occupied.” FAQ | Zigbee2MQTT. I would check with some of the items listed in the GitHub issue to see if they help resolve your issue.

1 Like

No update was done as they came with this firmware installed…

Thanks for the link! I dug into it. I’ll try updating the firmware on the Sonoff coordinator.

If it’s saying the spectrum is too occupied, I’d also be looking closely at your wifi vs zigbee channels

I’m somewhat skeptical of network interference causing that error. The Z2M FAQ is vaguely worded (“NWK_TABLE_FULL: reported to have same root cause as the above”) and the error itself seems to speak directly to the ZigBee network routing tables that devices and coordinators store.

In my experience, I was getting those errors once my network hit ~100 devices on a Sonoff 3.0 coordinator. I tried flashing the latest firmware (don’t recall the release numbers) and rebuilding the network from scratch, which didn’t solve it. What did solve it was splitting my network into 2 separate ones. Not an ideal solution, but was getting desperate for stability and all signs were pointing to it being a firmware issue/limitation rather than my network itself.

I thought that too, so I checked the spectrum as my zigbee network is on channel 20. That half of the spectrum is the least congested. My router is on 11 currently, so they shouldn’t be overlapping.

Wifi and Zigbee channel numbering is not the same… use this image to see how they overlap. If you’re using Zigbee channel 20, your best bet is to use Wifi channel 1.

2 Likes

20 does overlap with 11 slightly. And depending on the amount of traffic on each at the time there can be issues.

To avoid 11 you’d need to be on Zigbee 17 or below. I’d look at changing that WiFi channel

EDIT: Arggghh I’m a few seconds too slow! lol

2 Likes

Nice graphic, tho!

Haha, I saw that same graphic too. I chose channel 20 as there wasn’t much traffic on WiFi 9 but there used to be a lot on WiFi 11. Now WiFi 11 is dead by my house and that is the cleanest for WiFi and now the wife doesn’t complain the WiFi doesn’t work. WiFi 1-9 looks like a group of teenagers driving bumper cars. I wish it was like the old days where routers had the same default password and you could hop on all your neighbors routers and lower the power to not have everyone blasting their WiFi at full power.