Z2M - Home Assistant - Triggers Unavailable Upon Reboot

Good afternoon everyone!

I’m having some trouble with my 2-1 light switches (it also affects my fan switches, but less so). Whenever Home Assistant preforms a reboot or restart, I lose ALL the triggers for my switches (e.g. Up Single, Down Triple, Config Double, etc…).

The device is detected, but the only triggers that appear are basic things (like On/Off) and things like changing the options. None of which are really useful to me in the automations I’ve been running. Binding the switch to bulb solves this issue (in spirit), but I’m using Phillips Hue and I’d like to use the hub to send scenes without a delay.

Is there any way to ensure that the triggers carry over with a reboot and I don’t have to truck around my house preforming a factory reset, and rename, for every single switch? I’ve tried restarting Z2M, activating legacy mode, and a few other commonly suggested things here. Right now I’ve got eight light switches going with another four or five I’d like to set up. Not to mention a bunch of fan switches that only reconnect upon a complete system restart…

I saw Rohan’s wonderful blueprint, and it works ALMOST perfectly for my purposes…it just doesn’t allow dimming from the switch. I’ll include the attempt at making it work below, so if someone can point me in the right direction on that I’d appreciate it.

I’m starting to wonder if it’s better to look at ZHA, or sticking with Z2M. Being forced to factory reset and reconnect all of my switches every time there’s a reboot is very frustrating. I can respect a certain amount of regular troubleshooting, but this seems beyond that for an otherwise great product.

Thank you for any suggestions, and if you can help me get Rohan’s blueprint to allow dimming, my problem would be (community) solved. I totally janked the while condition as I couldn’t exactly call a trigger that doesn’t work. And leaving it without the ‘while’ condition resulted in my lights constantly dimming after triggering the ‘hold’ button.

button_a_held:
- repeat:
sequence:
- service: light.turn_on
metadata: {}
data:
brightness_step: 15
target:
entity_id:
- light.bedroom_fan
- light.bedroom_light_paddle
while: