Zigbee 2-1 Switch (On/Off & Dimmer) | Project New Horizon (Blue Series)

@Eric_Inovelli just wanted to follow up and see if you received an answer from the manufacturer on this? Thanks so much for all your hard work on this project!

Oh yeah my bad, thanks for following up.

Yes, these are rated for 150W CFL, so you should be good. Silly me didn’t realize CFL was florescent!

Are you referring to traditional fluorescent lights with ballasts, or CFLs? Eric’s response was for CFLs, but I’m thinking you were referring to fixtures with ballasts.

1 Like

Yeah it was in reference to the tube type of fluorescent lights, the traditional ones. Not sure if all have ballasts or not so that’s why I was wondering if it would work.

I haven’t heard anything otherwise, so I’m assuming everything is on schedule.

I should know more next week as I think the manufacturer had some sort of holiday this week and next week we have our standing bi-weekly call.

1 Like

Ok sorry for the confusion. I just asked for clarity from the manufacturer. I should hear back early next week!

I don’t think it will be an issue in on/off mode, but I’ll confirm for you.

No worries! I appreciate you checking it out!

Update: Switches should be arriving at the distribution center tomorrow or Monday!

If you’ve moved since your purchase and need to change your address, please shoot me a PM so I can let the team know.

Looks like they should all be shipping out next week!

27 Likes

Great news! I have 80 ordered to install in our new construction and the electricians start their finish work 2 weeks from today. Super glad to hear this!

2 Likes

Yes! The electrician is supposed to start working on my house on the 18th. Cutting it close but it sounds like it is going to work out just fine.

1 Like

I’m excited these are coming soon! As it so happens two of my Ikea tradfri ZigBee repeaters just broke. I have a bunch of aqara temp and water sensors and they only seem to work with some repeaters. Does anyone know if these switches will act as repeaters for the aqara ZigBee sensors? I’d love to be able to use my switches and not have to get new IKEA ones.

Thanks!

@chack has been using a few contact sensors with them, and he is happy with performance.

@Eric_Inovelli also ordered a variety of Aqara sensors, but I’m not sure if he had the chance to test them yet. I don’t expect any major issues tho, as the contact sensors are working as expected.

1 Like

Anyone have a recommendation for a Zigbee USB stick that works well with Inovelli switches? Ideally with Home Assistant running on Unraid via Docker?

I’ve had a good experience with tubeszb. Lots of options including poe

https://www.tubeszb.com/

4 Likes

Conbee II or the new Sonoff one

3 Likes

I have the sonoff. Works great.

2 Likes

I’m Tube of TubesZB, and can answer any questions about my devices, feel free to DM.

Excited to get these switches into my own house!!

7 Likes

Just as a note, as these sound like they will be arriving soon, it doesn’t look like the device drivers for Hubitat are up on GitHub or in Hubitat Package Manager yet. Went to go see if I could prepare ahead of time and install the driver and found they weren’t there yet.

3 Likes

@EricM_Inovelli - just tagging you for reference.

3 Likes

Since we didn’t get a celebratory post from your Friday I assume these are coming in today? :grin: