Zigbee 2-1 Switch (On/Off & Dimmer) | Project New Horizon (Blue Series)

We’ll just let him jump over chairs, instead.
BillGatesJumpingChairsGIF

1 Like

It’s not . . . :exploding_head:

1 Like

This might already have been documented but due to forum size I am having trouble finding it if so.

Is there a confirmed brand of white screwless face plates that is the same ‘white’ as the new swtiches? There appears to be quite a variation accross brands and I would prefer to find the best match the first time around. Thanks

Great question - I recommend the Lutron Claro faceplates as they’re what we used to color match (plus they just look awesome)!

1 Like

Hi Eic, I’m sorry if this has been asked, I searched but didn’t see anything.

How do slave switches work? such as in 3-4 or 5 way circuits, can you simply use 2 (or more) of these or is that the auxiliary switch project in another forum?

or will multi way circuits not be possible at launch?

They work pretty much as the Red series. You’ll need two conductors going from the Inovelli 2-in-1 to the Aux(s). One of those will be connected to the Traveler terminal on the 2-in-1, the other will either be a hot or a netural depending on your wiring configuration.

Their Gloss White?

Yes, same as our Red Series.

@Eric_Inovelli - please confirm, you confirmed earlier in the year that they would work in 240v environments?

Sorry for the short answer, I’m on vacation until Friday, but unfortunately no, we were not able to get 240V in on this switch. It appears I dropped the ball in updating the thread and for that I’m sorry.

There’s a longer answer as to why we couldn’t implement it and I’ll get that for you when I have more time (likely Friday).

2 Likes

That’s a massive disappointment.

1 Like

out of curiosity, what application did you have in mind for a North America style wall switch that uses 240V?

2 Likes

You could still use scene control with a 240V relay such as shelly. Expensive answer, but an answer nonetheless.

1 Like

Alias_ZA is based in South Africa, which I understand is single or three-phase 240V in residences. So he really needs 240V rated switches.

If a single phase is 240V, shouldn’t 3-phase be 416V?

1 Like

I’m not familiar with SA, but it could be a high leg delta. That would give 240V. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-leg_delta

Interesting. According to that description, lighting circuits are still 120V. Instead of using line and neutral, the circuits use phases A and C. If this is the case, perhaps the whole 240V need is moot.

Only in 3 phase scenarios. If they only have 240 single then it’s still 240v

1 Like

Like @GeorgeBurdell pointed out, it could be this which does have a 120v leg off 3-phase power

1 Like

Not sure if SA is set up that way.

1 Like