Zigbee 2-1 Switch (On/Off & Dimmer) | Project New Horizon (Blue Series)

Correct! The switch is capable regardless ; unfortunately not all Hubs are created equal.

1 Like

Thanks all for the feedback. The instructions/manual donā€™t mention anything about it I donā€™t think, at least not anything that stands out. As it isnā€™t relevant currently, I assume further instructions will be provided closer to when the time comes? I think a selling/marketing point would maybe be ā€œUpgradable to Matter/Thread (when the time comes)ā€, or ā€œMatter certification to followā€ so that it further future-proofs the decision; regardless the method it is doableā€¦ one just requires a little more technical knowhow and comfort. Unless its too early to commit.

Figure it may be a decision point that would be good not to have to search through forum posts for the answer :wink:. It is for me at least so I donā€™t have to feel like I need to rip and replace my investment later or make assumptions.

I am probably making a big deal of nothing, so ignore me; I will take no offense :grinning:. I am happy if it remains at Zigbee 3.0ā€¦ at least I know that is stable.

@cgolebio I would guess advertising and packaging written statements on thread/matter with this initial MG21 release is at best an ā€œUnder Promise. Over Deliver.ā€ scenario. Too many unknowns to heighten expectations, until working and routinely feasible possible upgrade paths are confirmed.

3 Likes

@Vesalius Makes perfect sense. I can have appreciation for that line of thinking ā€“ not always true with other companies. I am happy this switch is making it over the finish line.

Hi @Eric_Inovelli

About to pre-order a bunch of these but just to confirm they will work in 240v / 60hz environments?

I see under product info it only says 120v so hoping thatā€™s just an omission :sweat_smile:

Weā€™ll just let him jump over chairs, instead.
BillGatesJumpingChairsGIF

1 Like

Itā€™s not . . . :exploding_head:

1 Like

This might already have been documented but due to forum size I am having trouble finding it if so.

Is there a confirmed brand of white screwless face plates that is the same ā€˜whiteā€™ as the new swtiches? There appears to be quite a variation accross brands and I would prefer to find the best match the first time around. Thanks

Great question - I recommend the Lutron Claro faceplates as theyā€™re what we used to color match (plus they just look awesome)!

1 Like

Hi Eic, Iā€™m sorry if this has been asked, I searched but didnā€™t see anything.

How do slave switches work? such as in 3-4 or 5 way circuits, can you simply use 2 (or more) of these or is that the auxiliary switch project in another forum?

or will multi way circuits not be possible at launch?

They work pretty much as the Red series. Youā€™ll need two conductors going from the Inovelli 2-in-1 to the Aux(s). One of those will be connected to the Traveler terminal on the 2-in-1, the other will either be a hot or a netural depending on your wiring configuration.

Their Gloss White?

Yes, same as our Red Series.

@Eric_Inovelli - please confirm, you confirmed earlier in the year that they would work in 240v environments?

Sorry for the short answer, Iā€™m on vacation until Friday, but unfortunately no, we were not able to get 240V in on this switch. It appears I dropped the ball in updating the thread and for that Iā€™m sorry.

Thereā€™s a longer answer as to why we couldnā€™t implement it and Iā€™ll get that for you when I have more time (likely Friday).

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a massive disappointment.

1 Like

out of curiosity, what application did you have in mind for a North America style wall switch that uses 240V?

2 Likes

You could still use scene control with a 240V relay such as shelly. Expensive answer, but an answer nonetheless.

1 Like

Alias_ZA is based in South Africa, which I understand is single or three-phase 240V in residences. So he really needs 240V rated switches.

If a single phase is 240V, shouldnā€™t 3-phase be 416V?

1 Like