Zigbee 2-1 Switch (On/Off & Dimmer) | Project New Horizon (Blue Series)

Great progress so far on these, and excited to get them into our new home when they arrive.

However, I wanted to check on the email updates as I did not get one last week and I just joined the forum so I could send a note about that. Looking forward to this weeks update!

I’ve never been happier to be in New Jersey haha. I know it’ll only cut the very end of the shipping time but I’m so excited for these switches that getting to shave off a day makes me smile.

1 Like

Hi,

We’re about to place an order of these for our apartment renovation. Our decorator doesn’t love the large screws on the faceplate. From reading these threads, it looks like these should be compatible with different faceplates like the Lutron Claro screwless option, is that right? Is there any reason using a different faceplate will be an issue? What color do we need to match the switch?

Thank you!

You can use whichever Decora style faceplate you choose. I am currently using a screwless plate version and color difference isn’t too noticeable, but I believe they’re trying to mimic the Lutron white color (don’t quote me on color, I could be off).

Curious if these switches can support fluorescent lighting loads and if there’s a config parameter that allows you to enable/disable control from the paddle (similar to the “protection” command class in Z-Wave land)

Yes you can disable/enable local control.

I get it and empathize with the pickle you’re in – I don’t imagine managing logistics and supply chain was high on your list of reasons to get into this.

As someone who is highly interested but not at all invested (eg, low desire to skim forum posts), it would be wildly helpful to make those updates easily accessible from the product detail pages. Someone could look at that page, order today and reasonably think they’ll see their order sometime in September. That’s a not great brand experience; being transparent and setting appropriate expectations typically is.

While it’s not the news I want, I now have the information I need to make the decision for the project I’m working on. It won’t work out for our property in Michigan but we’ll certainly be running Inovelli at home in Oregon and cheering for yall along the way.

Onward!

1 Like

How is the power monitoring accessed via Zigbee? Is there a description of the cluster implementation somewhere?

2 Likes

Cluster 0x0702 Simple Metering Cluster, Attribute 0x0000: to get Energy kWh
Cluster 0x0504 Electrical Measurement Cluster, Attribute 0x050B: to get Power W

Google “ZigBee Cluster Library Specification” for links to more documentation

1 Like

Thanks. Just those two attributes implemented for instantaneous power? There is much more possible with these two clusters.

If you’re asking specifically about the Blue VZM31…then yes, just those two

Power (instantaneous W)
Energy (cumulative kWH)

1 Like

Is it possible to view or track power consumption using just smartthings? Thx

1 Like

Yes, you’ll see it on the device’s page in the app.

Project Update:

Confirming that production starts tomorrow (well, tonight since China is 12hrs ahead)! Talked to the manufacturer today and all is good to go. They will try to get some pictures, but they said that the first couple days are likely just prepping the lines and testing, so it may not be that exciting until next week.

27 Likes

Exciting that progress is finally being made!

Might’ve missed the reply, but is there any good way to estimate which batch our order is in based on date ordered or order number?

No, not really a good way until I know how many switches are being sent over. Hopefully I’ll have more info in the coming weeks on the quantities!

Bill Gates (in the background) should not be allowed to dance ever again :rofl:

1 Like

I may have missed it, but will OTA work now in these? Is there still some that will ship with the MG21 vs 24?

1 Like

OTA works fine for firmware updates. However if you’re talking about the upgrade to Matter/Thread via OTA then no. These will come with the MG21 for now.

1 Like

As long as the hub supports it. HA and Hubitat, yes. Not so sure about ST . . . haven’t heard back that this is in place for them.

2 Likes