Zigbee 2-1 Switch (On/Off & Dimmer) | Project New Horizon (Blue Series)

I ordered another 10 pack on Sunday (selfishly hoping I made it in time for the preorder batch), so I’ve got 30 coming now (and a 10pack of aux switches that I may not end up using and instead binding blue series together…TBD). This will cover all but a small handful of switches in the house.

We moved a couple months ago and I left all my red series behind for the new owners. I can wait to get these new switches installed and paired up in Home Assistant!

Alright, I just ordered my 10 pack as well. It will come when it comes.

Gonna be excited to see how it integrates w/ Home Assistant and my Hue bulbs.

@Eric_Inovelli will we be notified when the Blue series have the ability for Matter?

1 Like

Are you going to group orders together or prioritize multiple orders in any way.

I did a terrible job counting. Made a pre-order of 10-pack. A second pre-order of 10-pack. Then pre-ordered 3 AUX last week, followed by a Blue 10-pack “backorder”

According to last week’s email update, all preorders will be fulfilled at the same time (no batching per indiv order if you ended up making several [as I did!])

1 Like

First of all thanks for the prompt response.

Awesome!!! :man_dancing: :partying_face: :man_dancing:
Since I moved away from Zooz (just because we loved the LED bar in the red series) my wife and kids keep complaining about the full brightness feature.
I’m going to make the family happy by bringing it back.

And yes, making it customizable and implementing the “nightlight feature” (turn on to a low level when off and when lower paddle is held) would bring it a step further.

You are right: this is not a big deal, it is more of a silly thing.
On the other hand Lutron decided to market this silly thing on their Caseta Diva video that is made for the masses… because these are the silly things that sells :grinning:

Anyway… happy to know it is there. Can’t wait to get my hands on it. Thanks a bunch.

1 Like

I have an order for 20 blues. My plan has been to use them for all of my light switches. For 3 way and 4 way switches I understand this is possible with zigbee bindings. Can this currently be done with hubitat? Also, what happens if i sell my house and the new owner doesnt want to use the hub? are those bound switches inoperable? am i better off just ordering aux switches for the multi-way locations?

Was the question about being able to control fluorescent lights with this switch answered? I can’t find anywhere above whether this will work (in the on/off only configuration of course) for the tube fluorescent lights. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi all,

Struggling to keep up with all the posts from excited backers - has there been any news on customs or shipping? I need to get my hands on my new toys!!!

Apologies if this has already been answered, but is it possible to synchronize the led strips for 3/4-way setups for these like it can be done for the Red series switches using associations?

Yes you can.

1 Like

Awesome - would you mind pointing me to the instructions?

I believe you have to bind the switches to make it sync. Unfortunately the beta team only had one switch, but I believe @EricM_Inovelli tested the function asked we asked specifically about it.

We’ll have more info when the switches show up!

While the UL certification is strictly lighting, can the switch be used with a LED power supply (e.g. Mean Well LED Switching Power Supply - SE Series 450-1000W Enclosed Power Supply - 24V DC). I assume in SBM and bound to an attached Zigbee LED controller. Did not find anything is my search or in the product doc (No fans!). Or do I have to wait for Zephyr.

That may break the switch. Some of the inrush current/typical currents surpass the rating of the switch.
E.g. 450W version @ 24VDC
Typical -10A/115VAC
Inrush - 35A/115VAC

Is it a matter of limiting wattage and in-rush current (I just randomly picked that power supply, as I have not sized the loads yet) or are there issues relative to the inductive nature of power supplies?

Meant to respond to you last time, but got side tracked! Just wanted to say thanks so much for the support and your enthusiasm, I love seeing it! Looking forward to hearing how everyone likes the switches and what they use them for.

Thanks! I’m turning this one back to the community – you guys are the ones that make these products the way they are. There’s no way we could think up all the features you guys do.

Good news, you can likely grab some at Z-Wave Products, who bought a limited amount with our first batch, so you’d get it in October.

Edit: I just scrolled down and saw your order – thanks! I think you will be fine. I just checked.

Awesome, thank you! Yes, you should be fine.

Thank you so much, that really means a lot! Looking forward to hearing how you like them – they’re a powerhouse in Home Assistant!

Yes, certainly. We plan on providing instructions to convert as well. I don’t have an ETA on when the firmware will be out as we’re still kind of waiting to see what other companies are doing (mainly the hub companies), but we’re definitely monitoring the situation.

I’ll make sure you get everything at once. What we plan on doing is sending over all the orders to the fulfillment center and the software has the option to combine orders, so you should be good.

Yeah sorry, I meant to say that I was wrong in my initial view of the feature (just like I was wrong about the ability to set the 100ms increments between multi-taps – I thought that was a little excessive, but now I use it on all my switches haha). I definitely see the benefit of having it built in locally.

Yes, this can be done on Hubitat.

In theory they should continue to work without the hub and we’ve tested it to work with the hub down. However, if they inadvertently reset the switch, then there’s no way to re-bind them w/out a hub. That would be my only caution.

I have this question out to the manufacturer right now. I’m hoping to hear back this weekend or next week Monday. I would imagine it would be ok as long as it’s under a certain wattage (I’ll need to check what that is if it’s compatible) and you’re using on/off mode.

Remind me if I don’t follow up next week!

I’m going to send an email today :slight_smile:

These were picked up by the forwarder back on the 8th – I just found out that the customs paperwork has been submitted, so that’s a good sign. All signs are pointing to an early October fulfillment (like, in your house fulfillment).

6 Likes

@Eric_Inovelli
Thanks Eric! Love the update(s).
Thanks for everything. Running a growing company can take a lot out of you. We appreciate it though!
Have a good weekend,
Jonathan

1 Like

Beta Testers

Any of you test the switch to power a LED strip behind a AC/DC power supply and Zigbee LED controller? Switch in SBM mode and bound to the Zigbee controller? Beyond wattage sizing, any technical challenges or is it even feasible? Need to decide if I need to change order size!!!

2 Likes

First off, I just decided to watch the video for the Blue and it was an amazing video, something on par with a Fortune 500 company, not something you would expect from a small business. Very impressive!

Second, with the persistent delays in Inovelli’s Z-Wave products I decided to add Zigbee to my Home Assistant (to go with my Z-Wave, WiFi, Insteon network, lol) but one question I have is if this does energy reporting? I didn’t see anything to indicate that but perhaps I missed it. Being new to Zigbee I ordered some smart outlets and was disappointed that they didn’t have energy reporting, as this has become fairly standard on Z-Wave devices.