Zigbee Binding, blue series, hubitat and sengled bulbs

Looks like it updated:

State Variables

• driverDate : 2022-08-14
  • model : VZM31-SN
  • fwDate : 20221103
  • fwVersion : 2.05

Good to hear. Just know 2.07 will be coming out soon so if you have a lot of switches to update, Iā€™d hold off for a few days unless you need one of the 2.05 fixes.

1 Like

ok have about 40 switches to update

After updating the switch, there is no effect using the Sengled bulbs. Turning on/off misses bulbs.

Just looked up my zigbee ID, this switch is effected as 9434. I looked them all up and out of 15 switches 7 are either 9434 or 385B.

Long way to go to get to Lutron reliability.

Ehhh the signal issue was an oversight by the manufacturer. There wouldā€™ve been no way Inovelli couldā€™ve caught that on their own without the help of the community.

Plus, at more than half the cost of the RA3, Iā€™ll continue to select Inovelli. Iā€™m sure some folks will say the RA3 is worth it, but with a house of over 60 switchesā€¦.Iā€™m gonna pass on that expense.

5 Likes

I ended ditching the Sengled bulbs, replacing them with hue ones. Just using the Hubitat ABC Controller instead of the zigbee bindings.

1 Like

Firmware 2.08 was released on Hubitat that has bug fixes for groups, binding, etc. Might be worth a shot to see if it helps out.

1 Like

Iā€™m having the exact same issue, Sengled multicolor zigbee bulbs, Hubitat C7, and Blues. I only have one 9434 switch, so Iā€™m ignoring that group for now.

In a group of four bulbs and a blue series, more times than not the at least one of the bulbs either doesnā€™t turn on, doesnā€™t turn off, or has an extreme lag. Switch is in smart bulb mode, and binding is configured as is a group. On the 20221105 driver and 2.08 firmware. :person_shrugging:

I could never get the Sengled bulbs to work reliably, the hues ones work perfect every time.

Correction: all 30 of my switches are 9343 or 385B, so Iā€™ll wait for replacements to test again. :upside_down_face:

I made the mistake of buying ~40 Sengled bulbs. They obviously donā€™t even come close to conforming to the zigbee spec, theyā€™re all over the place and a general nightmare. They donā€™t seem to support binding at all and they will almost never route via anything except direct to the coordinator even if that means dropping from the network.

@Eric_Inovelli since you just went through Zigbee certification perhaps you would know ā€“ is there a way to ask the Zigbee Alliance to prod Sengled to fix their bulb firmware or stop advertising them as Zigbee compliant?