Zigbee Fan Canopy Module | Project Cheryl

I theory you should not have to do the unbind anymore with this fix.

2 Likes

@alexrmay91 I am not seeing this behavior either. I will also add a module to HA and report back ( I will test on HA Green and Raspberry PI HA install) What hardware HA are you running?

@Lance_Inovelli I think others have found the root cause above, but I’m not 100% sure. I’m running HA supervised on a proxmox VM on a mini PC.

I’m out of town, so unable to test. I had tried your fix in a custom converter though and it resolved the issue. Looking forward to seeing this in production when I get back. Thanks!

I re-bound level control after updating and it seems like the problem has gone away! Thank you for the hard work!

2 Likes

That is great. Thanks for checking!

Asking because it’s hard to tell with a ceiling fan… but if I set the MaximumLevel 2 setting lower than max, will it scale the fan speed like a light? Or does it still set the fan to 33, 66, 100 of its normal power settings?

I’m not sure to be honest. I think it eliminates fan speeds. Like, if you set the max level to 75% I think that limits your speeds to low and medium. Since the device just has a couple capacitors that toggle on and off there really isn’t as much variability of output as the % level makes it seem.

That makes sense, thanks. I did set my max to 200 and high felt the same as before, so maybe it just has no effect. Or maybe it rounds up.