Zigbee2MQTT Doesn't Fully Implement AuxSwitchUniqueScenes

It appears that the zigbee-herdsman-converters doesn’t completely implement the feature that allows the primary and auxiliary switch to trigger different scenes. If the AuxSwitchUniqueScenes is set to enabled, any presses of the aux switch are not correctly handled in zigbee2mqtt. For example, a single press of the aux switch up button would get returned as “unknown_single”, where a single press of the primary switch up button gets returned as “up_single”.

I’m pretty sure the issue is with these lines in the inovelli.ts file in the zigbee-herdsman-converters.

const buttonLookup: { [key: number]: string } = {
    1: 'down',
    2: 'up',
    3: 'config',
};

If the AuxSwitchUniqueScenes is selected, then the auxiliary switch button presses return 4,5, and 6, which have no matching values in the buttonLookup. I’m pretty sure updating it to this would do the trick.

const buttonLookup: { [key: number]: string } = {
    1: 'down',
    2: 'up',
    3: 'config',
    4: 'aux_down',
    5: 'aux_up',
    6: 'aux_config',
};

A while back I had created a custom inovelli.js converter which added these lines and seemed to work. But that is now broken for other reasons with the latest zigbee2mqtt update.

I’m not experienced enough with github nor with home assistant to know the proper way to report this as an issue and get this updated in the zigbee-herdsman-converters.

@EricM_Inovelli You seem to have been involved in other herdsman related posts. Any chance you could help here or point me in the correct direction?

This is a Z2M issue and should be posted as an issue on GitHub with Z2M. I’m sure if Inovelli is tagged there EricM would be willing to help if documentation is needed.

fix - Inovelli VZW35\VZM31 lookup values for aux switch button presses by nathanfiscus · Pull Request #6424 · Koenkk/zigbee-herdsman-converters (github.com)

4 Likes

Thanks @nathanfiscus, glad you are on top of it! Thankfully looks like a quick update.

This is now in v15.110.0 of Zigbee2MQTT.

2 Likes

Thanks @nathanfiscus for putting in a pull request for this! I really appreciate it.