2-1 Switch Shipping Discussion

5 switches pre-ordered on April 25th, still unfulfilled. Hoping they are shipped soon, my construction is a few of weeks away from requiring the switches to be installed!

2 Likes

I haven’t either. The web site still says unfullfilled for me too. I ordered one in April as well.

Hmm… It doesn’t look too good to have later orders from an outside org than Inovelli delivering and fullflling these before any of the people who pre-ordered in April, May June, etc. are getting theirs. Is something up?

1 Like

Agreed with the above. 50 pre-order switches and no updates on the latest with zwp.

I’m impatient just because there was a date expectation set. I am getting concerned though that zwp sold our preorders though.

2 Likes

If that were the case I’m sure there will be a line outside ZWP’s office with pitch forks.

That would be blatantly illegal; they’re not ZWP’s to sell. I don’t see an actual business attempting something like that.

Packaging is pretty nice on the 10-pack,but you can’t see the dot in the i due to the coloring. (It’s more visible in the picture than real life) Might want to revise that for future orders.

Now that’s just showing off :stuck_out_tongue: jk

In all seriousness, congrats! While I know this is only 1/4 of your total order, hope you like them!

1 Like

I think it’s probably less conspiratorial than a lot of us have feared. Seems like ZWP took care of their customers first (not cool) then has been shipping Inovelli orders at random (also not cool, but at least they’re shipping!).

My only worry is that in the event of an unforeseen error (worker drops a case of switches, someone miscounted preorders versus actual stock, etc.), an early Inovelli preorder customer will be left holding the bag instead of a late ZWP customer.

Based on those numbers posted by someone else earlier in the thread it is probably just taking ZWP’s small team a long time (seems like we’re on the order of weeks at the current rate) to ship this many orders. Disappointing, but not the end of the world. Just hope it doesn’t take so long we’re virtually at batch two arriving before batch one is shipped.

Would be nice to hear from @Eric_Inovelli and the team to calm the troops so to speak but I’m sure they’re all working hard behind the scenes. I think the lesson here is to find a dedicated fulfillment partner for future rounds.

4 Likes

Definitely agree it’s less conspiratorial, also excited to get them in-hand. :slight_smile:

I wouldn’t be concerned about an issue with stock, while I get the concern (I forget if it’s in this or the other thread) Eric mentioned they usually hold some back for warranty replacements, etc as well. It’s not a situation where the order amount is 1:1 with the amount sold, so I’d think we should be good. Just a matter of us knowing more about what’s going on since Inovelli is open about the process and having to be patient for the distribution team to ship them out.

I’d love to get an update on whether my order is likely to ship this mo, or if it’s looking like a 2-3 mo wait…

Order #375xx, placed Sept 6 at Inovelli.com

1 Like

Recommend private messaging Eric_Inovelli and Brianna_Inovelli . They can get that update for you I’m sure.

Pre-order #1 from April 21 here, still hasn’t shipped. I contacted ZWP using their web form yesterday - no response. Follow-up attempt this morning actually got a response! Fingers crossed it’ll actually ship… squeaky wheel gets the grease and all that. Not high confidence, since I put all the order details in my web form submission, and ZWP responded by asking which web site I used to place the order.

1 Like

Just popping in to say that while I may not be commenting, I am trying anything and everything I can behind the scenes to wrap this up. I know you can’t see my emotion and feelings through words on a computer screen, but I can tell you that I am just as frustrated as you guys about how this all transpired.

I think the lesson learned for me personally was to keep things closer to my chest until I have more of a handle on the situation (I was just excited) and not only that, not outsource extremely large record breaking orders with a new partner who hasn’t had proper training and a game-plan.

I’ve been monitoring the shipments and I see the number going down daily and it looks like we’re down to the 900’s, which is a ton of progress from where we were last week.

I don’t have a ton of insight as to how they’re batching things and have been told that they’re working as hard as they can, so I’m not sure how much I can help with individual requests.

–

I’ve seen it asked about whether or not there may not be enough inventory for people who ordered early since orders appear to be shipping out of order. I can assure you that we shut down orders (and so did ZWP) before we ran out and kept a decent amount on hand for not only defective units but to ensure everyone who pre-ordered gets their product. In other words, we’ve been really conservative in what we kept behind so please don’t worry about not getting your orders.

–

In summary, again, while I may not be responding to this thread as much as others, I am working behind the scenes to make sure this is wrapped up and I apologize for the decisions we made internally that didn’t go our way with the pre-order crowd. I hope that once everyone receives their product, they can look back and say, “while Inovelli bombed their shipping of these switches, at least I still have the worlds best smart switch that we built together as a community”.

-Eric

43 Likes

Thanks for the update Eric. Wondering if you might be able to comment on the status of shipments to Canadian customers?

Appreciate the update and all the effort to keep things moving! Aside from being patient while orders ship, is there anything the community can be doing to help at this point?

I believe they are still at the fulfillment center in NJ, but I did find out that we should be giving you the tracking numbers (not Aartech) as we were able to load the orders into a separate fulfillment software that we will have more control over.

In other words, we’ll provide the labels and Aartech will just be there to fulfill them. Once they ship, the order should mark as shipped and a tracking number should auto-populate in your account (if not, since there were only a hundred or so Canadian orders, I don’t have a problem with you guys reaching out to us for tracking).

I’ll for sure make the announcement once I know they have shipped from the US to Canada and ask for the tracking number so that you’ll know when they arrive at Aartech.

6 Likes

Yeah no problem – sorry I haven’t been keeping this up to date as much as I should have.

I don’t think there’s much we can all do – I know there’s been talks of the, “squeaky wheel gets the grease” which I suppose is one way to look at it – but in reality I don’t know whether or not ZWP’s customer service are the same ppl who are fulfilling orders (it is at Inovelli) so the more tickets they receive, the more time away from fulfilling orders they have.

So, while I can’t discourage anyone from writing in, I would just keep that in mind. I know they are honestly doing their best to get everything shipped out and while I may not agree with the method chosen, I am also not an expert at their setup and my guess is they chose efficiency over who ordered first/last.

10 Likes

Thanks for the update!

Kinda surprising to not see more shipping reports here if over 3/4 of the orders have been shipped (I’m assuming most people who posted in this thread saying they haven’t received a shipment notice would come back and let us know when they do get one). Anyways, glad to hear there’s been good progress; hopefully they’ll be done by the end of the week!

3 Likes

OTOH, they need to hear from more than one source that their “first in, last out” system is sub-optimal and has generated some anger. Otherwise, they’ll just do it again the next time around, either to you or another B2B customer. You posted a nice summary of lessons learned, but you seem to be the shining diamond in a sea of mediocrity of small businesses. Most won’t bother to look for areas of improvement unless they provide immediate pathways for cost cutting or loss prevention. If ZWP starts to believe that what they’re doing is going to cost them $, they’ll make changes.

2 Likes