2-1 Switch Shipping Discussion

Completely understand – I agree with the shipping of ZWP products first argument bc yes, that was unexpected and made me pretty upset too. Regarding Inovelli’s orders though, I can see the argument of shipping anyone who ordered 1 switch together, anyone who ordered 2 switches together, etc bc if they went in the order the orders were placed, they may be more prone to errors (also costing them money).

In other words, 1 switch orders have a specific box that’s used (more like a bubble sleeve) whereas 2 switches have another box, 3 switches another box, etc.

If we start mixing orders, things can get out of order quickly if you’re not paying attention.

Again, I’m not saying this is the right way to go about it, this is just what was explained to me.

Agree and thanks for the kind words.

9 Likes

Eric, much appreciate the update. I’m sure this was not a super awesome development in the shipping schedule, but the time you and the rest of the company have been putting in is not unnoticed!

7 Likes

Just a data point, 9/7 contractor pack order place through Inovelli just shipped! Hang in there guys :slight_smile:

1 Like

another data point: order #37XXX (August 28) (2 individual switches directly from inovelli) Label Created just a few minutes ago.

1 Like

Cool, just got a shipping notification for a 10 pack ordered on 9/9. This is my first foray into home automation/smart switches; hopefully I can get everything set up the way I’m imagining!

1 Like

I’m a 361XX order from 5/10 for three 10-packs. Hoping my number gets drawn soon, seeing some of the recent orders open up is getting me all excited! I have a kitchen reno that part of these are filling, I’m basically waiting on these switches to kick off the finish install (timing was so close I held off putting temp switches in). Can’t wait!

1 Like

Pretty sure that means I will be one of the last shipped. :slightly_frowning_face:

Consequences of ordering 100 switches. LOL

Hopefully getting a notice soon then, and excited to get them up and running ASAP!

4 Likes

At least some of mine are coming!!! Fingers crossed for the rest, and for everybody else’s!

#36xxx July Order 10pk Ship notification (shipper label created, expected Thurs to Atlanta)
#37xxx Sept Order 10pk + whites… nothing yet

Happy to see people getting more notifications!

2 Likes

That’s a great insight into the behind the scenes process. I certainly wouldn’t have considered grouping orders by qty, but it does make sense when you look at it that way.

I said before that I understand why most companies don’t offer the same level of transparency, and I will completely understand if the lesson you take from this is to hold back a little. I really appreciate the peek behind the curtain kind of details like this bit about grouping orders by qty, and hope that you’ll continue sharing this sort of thing in the future.

Now, are they saving groups of 4 for last, because there was only one nutjob crazy enough to order exactly 4 switches? :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I just got a notification for my 10-pack order 376XX from Sept 8. Can’t wait to get them installed!

Crazy man here. Still waiting on a shipping confirmation on order #37xxx for 4 switches and an aeotec bypass ordered August 3rd. Looks like we pulled the short straws. Waves fist at cloud!

1 Like

Another crazy guy here who ordered 4 in April and am still waiting for my moment!

2 Likes

Order 18XXX. Still awaiting shipping confirmation. Ordered 4/23/22.

1 Like

Hey @Eric_Inovelli, not a question about when the orders go out, but rather how. I thought you had mentioned that when ZWP was going to ship them they were going to ship them air. Or at least faster than UPS Ground.

Did I make that up or was that what you agreed to with them. Again, not really the end of the world, but if they told you one thing, just wanted to give you a heads up.

1 Like

You may be referring to when the switches were being shipped from China. Inovelli selected air freight to speed up delivery stateside.

2 Likes

Just wanted to update here the my June order for 10 switches shipped according to an email I got. Inovelli’s site still says unfulfilled but I have a tracking number

2 Likes

My inbox is still lonely. : (

1 Like

I have three different 10-pack orders from July (#36xxx), two orders of Blue single packs and one order of the White series from August/September (#37xxx). I have yet to see a single Inovelli preorder ship. The randomness of this shipping process is comical.

It would be nice to get a firm estimate of how long it will take ZWP to finish shipping all the remaining Inovelli preorders. I’m going to be traveling next week and would appreciate a worst case scenario of when I can expect them to ship (at the latest), so I can make arrangements in the event that I’m away from home.

What is the likelihood some of the preorders don’t make it into this first batch? Will some people be stuck holding the bag and waiting until December/January?

Eric already addressed that, all pre orders will be fulfilled.

2 Likes