2021-2022 Roadmap

Remote is battery powered. Switch is AC powered (ie physically controls the load).

1 Like

Hey all – give me a couple of weeks to revamp this. As you can probably see, I’m a little ambitious as the year starts off and with the supply chain issues of 2021 (and still continuing), a lot of this will likely be pushed back.

I am also maybe 2wks or so away from announcing a partnership (or at least announce that something is happening behind the scenes) in which a lot of this will be revisited and negotiated with the manufacturers.

I’m actually very excited about it as it will give us the much needed organization, operations, and negotiating power that we desperately need.

I’m also hoping it gives us some stability to not have to put out these aspirations and then come back with the tail between our legs saying, “yeah, these aren’t happening right now”.

Stay tuned, we’ve gotten the hard part done, it’s more a formality now.

11 Likes

@Eric_Inovelli any update you can share on this partnership?

1 Like

Yeah certainly! Although anything with legal seems to take eternity, but the good news is we’re making progress.

Both companies have signed a letter of intent, which is more of an informal, non-binding agreement that essentially says, “we accept the deal presented to us and we intend to work together - let’s get started while the official agreement is drafted”

The official draft has been sent off and should be finalized early to mid next week. The President is on a business trip this week, so it’s on his desk for review when he returns.

Lastly, a lot of it hinges on if our Z-Wave manufacturer plays ball or not. Part of the deal is to negotiate with the Z-Wave manufacturer and come to better terms with them (clean up some of the mess and hopefully repair the relationship).

But the overall proposal was an amazing offer and at the end of the day keeps us in control of our company and gives us the stability we need to take the next step. I’m really happy with it!

8 Likes

I smell a GE partnership brewing. Just a personal guess.

1 Like

My fingers are crossed for Aeotec, personally. Aeotec and Inovelli don’t have a lot of product overlap, especially with Inovelli abandoning the sensor space. And Aeotec, having acquired the Smart Things hardware business, is now doing both Zwave and Zigbee (it’s been mentioned that this mystery partner has capabilities with both protocols).

Aeotec and Inovelli both make great Zwave products and I think they’d be very complementary.

6 Likes

Oof. Hopefully not GE. That’s like Inovelli and Jasco holding hands.

1 Like

external-content.duckduckgo-1

2 Likes

One of you is correct :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Looks like Jasco, has dropped all of their GE brandings. so this should be a interesting deal.

Personally, Aeotec would be a great fit and help both sides.

1 Like

Insteon???

I thought that I already claimed that prize??? :rofl:

Pay attention to the website in the next week or so – that’s all I can say :slight_smile:

Should be some cool sensors for sale, maybe a hub.

4 Likes

Monoprice, is that you?

1 Like

Definitely X10

I thought James was going with Lutron. He did say that Lutron is the new Insteon . . .

1 Like

Aeotec ftw

2 Likes

You, sir, are a master tease.

But, perhaps you’ve tipped your hand?

3 Likes

I’ve tipped it. Growing impatient myself lol.

5 Likes

Almost but wanted to step out of the norm.

1 Like