This is going to be a thread that pertains to these threads (NOTE: On/Off Switches Only):
I believe they all share a common denominator in that the wiring appears correct, however, there’s just something wrong with how the 3-Way operates. Here’s a visual example:
@harjms – can you share your video again? For some reason I need access. I can download it to my account so you don’t have to have everyone using your gdrive.
PurposeThe purpose of this thread is to collect as much info as possible and figure out if there are any common setups.
To start, please answer these questions in your post below and I’ll synthesize it down and edit this post with details:
- Type of Switch (ie: Black or Red Series)
- Type of setup (ie: 3-Way, 4-Way, 5-Way, etc)
- What schematic are you following (ie: line/load in same box, different box, etc) – Schematics can be found here: https://inovelli.com/lzw30-sn/wiring
- How many bulbs are you controlling?
- What type of bulbs are they (manufacturer/model#/type - ie: Philips, xxxx1234 model, BR30)
- Best guess as to how long the wiring is between switch(es) and bulb(s)
Tagging a few people I know have this issue – anyone else, please feel free to pitch in too if you’re experiencing this.