AUX (46199-2) switches not working - LZW31 (Black Gen2, no neutral)

Confirmed with support the 46199-2 is a supported AUX switch.

Any idea why the AUX is choking at 99? I’m well below the max wattage for the switches.

Ah crap. Getting my posts mixed up.

I don’t know why the AUX becomes unresponsive at 99. I honestly have all my dimmers set to max of 80 but also set for neutral. I’ll change one of mine and see if the 12723 models do the same at 99.

I have just installed a Red dimmer in a non-neutral set up with one of those same aux switches in a three-way. I am getting the exact same issues. Also can confirm that the dimmer does work if parameters are set to either neutral or non-neutral setting. I do get slightly different behavior from the aux switch depending on which neutral/non-neutral mode it is in.

If I limit max brightness to around 70-80, the aux switch dims/brightens and turns on/off in both directions. But I also have to limit the bottom dim level to its max. Aux still has trouble turning on or brightening up at the very bottom of the range. If I clip the ranges, it will mostly work ok, but 70% is too dim for us to use in the kitchen.

Also get a little bit of buzzing from the 7 led BR30 bulbs plus buzzing from the switch itself. I swapped out a Fibaro Dimmer 2 which made no buzzing, hoping to get a working aux 3-way going with the Inovelli. At the moment I placed a GoControl wireless (battery) remote control 2-button switch over the aux, in Z-wave association with the Innoveli dimmer to allow a 3-way until issues with aux can be resolved.

So I’m very interested in a solution to this issue that allows for a greater dim range.

I have a thread w/ support. No luck on a resolution thus far. Will update if I resolve. For now I’m clipping the top end of the dimmer.

Bumping an old thread, did anyone figure out a permanent fix?

I’m also running into this with the same behavior in two separate 3-way setups.

• Red Dimmer always works, all levels
  • Aux switch can always turn off the light
  • Dimming up/down from aux switch works fine
  • Aux switch can only turn on the light if previous or max level is <99 (not sure the exact cutoff)

Interestingly I have a third 3-way that is working fine, even with max level at 99. The only difference I can think of is that the working setup is using LED bulbs but the non-working setups have incandescent bulbs still, so that’s what I will be checking next. Just strange that with dimmers and addons that were all bought at the same time I’m seeing different behavior.

Just a couple suggestions. One, as you’ve alluded to, is to reduce the max brightness to 80%. Not sure why that works, but it has for some.

The other is to play with parameters 21 and 22. The sneaking suspicion running around in the back of my mind is that despite what the hub is reporting for those parameters, the switch isn’t set properly. One or two users reported that some time ago (can’t remember which hub, HA maybe?).

So the general recommendation which is really just a WAG is to try setting the parameters at the switch or vice versa, or try setting the incorrect settings and then set them properly. Or just try incorrect settings.

Just passing on what has worked for others in the past . . . can’t explain why, though.

I’m adding to this thread because I’m experiencing the same issue.

I have 5 3-way setups, and 3 of them behave like this. 2 of them work just fine.

I’ve done factory resets, verified several times the identical settings.

I will try setting min and max values to see if that makes a difference. However, this is MOST frustrating and making for a really terrible experience.

You should keep an eye on this thread as well.

There’s a work around to set max/min dim to keep the AUX paddles working

Last update from @Eric_Inovelli was on 1/28 saying they were still investigating the issue. I’ve given up hope at this point. GE now offers a no neutral required LED dimmer you might want to check out. Its Enbrighten 52252.

Thanks for the link. I was able to confirm the work-around works for me too. I’m not thrilled, but at the end of the day, my 3-ways have now all past the wife acceptance test, so I don’t mind waiting for an official fix.