Aux switches will turn lights off, but not on

I have been at this for about six hours and read the other threads with similar symptoms but have been unable to resolve it. I have a five way switch configuration (one Blue series with four aux switches). The main switch will turn the lights on and off without issue. The aux switches all will only turn the lights off, not on.

I have wired everything per the instructions to the best of my knowledge and triple checked all connections. I am not having this issue with a three way setup in the next room over (just two switches there, one main and one aux) and have wired them essentially the same where the auxes have the travelers and neutrals connected and the black wires connected together as shown here. Grateful for any help.

Which Blue series? Dimmer?

If it’s the dimmer, what firmware are you on? Firmware 3.06 added P124, Aux Detection Level, to address issues the Aux up function i.e “On” in your case, not working properly.

Dimmer. 122F-0101-01020304 is what shows up when I look under Device Data on the Device Info tab. I have P124 available in Hubitat and have tried setting that to 0 as it recommends and have tried every value 0-4. I have another blue dimmer that is just on a 3 way setup with one aux and that aux worked normally out of the box even before connecting it to Hubitat whereas this 5 way setup has had this “off only on the aux switches” condition both before and after connecting the main switch to Hubitat.

Are you sure that the auxiliary switches are getting power when the lights are off? Turning lights off when they are on works because the switches have power, but if unpowered, they will never turn the lights on. If the auxiliary switches do have power at all times, then regardless of wiring, you can set up a Rule Machine rule that makes the primary switch set the lights state.

I have the main switch configured for smart lights (P52 enabled), though this issue was the same out of the box before I configured that. What would be the best way to test that the aux switches are getting power when the lights are off? I have a multimeter. They’re running Philips Hue lights and currently so the button presses should be more so sending commands to the hue bridge rather than actually turning power on and off since P52 is enabled, but again I had this same issue before I enabled P52 and connected the switch to the hub.

I use regular blue switches in my n-way setups. so I’m not the best person to advise on auxiliary switches. And I’m not familiar with a Hue Bridge. How are, are there logs available in the Hue Bridge that you can check to see if button presses are even being registered for the auxiliary switches?

If I take the Hue bulbs out, put the switch into non-smart mode, factory reset it/remove it from the hub, I still get the same result where I can turn the lights off from the aux but not on, so I think I have some kind of wiring configuration issue, however I don’t know where to begin with troubleshooting. I’ve wired it the exact same way as I have several other Blue series 3 way circuits and this is the only one I can’t get working properly, though this is a 5 way circuit versus 3.

As I noted previously, I used regular switches rather than auxiliary switches in my N-way configurations (All of which are three-way). Since the regular switches have LEDs, it’s pretty easy to tell whether they have power or not. I’m just not familiar enough with the auxiliary switch capabilities to give more advice, sorry!