Availability estimates?

I’m planning on buying 50-60 red series dimmers and some on off switches for a whole house remodel. These are currently out of stock. Is there any estimate on when these will be back in stock again (or ever) or should I simply look for alternatives?

2 Likes

Both of those are 500-series chips, as covered in this post:

(Out of Stock Item Thread w/ETA's - #525 by Eric_Inovelli)

1 Like

Do they have to be Zwave? The Blue Series Zigbee will likely be available more quickly.

Wait they already sold out of the last massive shipment?

If so, holy crap these are crazy popular.

2 Likes

That’s what happens when you win product of the year

4 Likes

Yes they are unfortunately all gone now :frowning:

We do hold a small reserve back for replacements but I’m not sure that will even last us since we have no ETA on new stock right now.

1 Like

Ack! I waited just a little too long to begin phase two of smartifying my light switches.

2 Likes

Greetings! Thought I’d tack my question on to this thread instead of opening up a new one…

Wondering the status of Z-Wave products as we’re almost in 22Q4…I’m patiently waiting to finish the rest of my home with the Red Series On/Off switches. Would also like to grab some aux switches when they’re avail.

Any updates are greatly appreciated!

This is going to be the thread you’ll want to keep an eye on for the Red series switches and ETA. The Aux switches sold out already for the initial order but you can still order them with an expected delivery in December here.

5 Likes

I, too, would like to understand the future of the red series (zwave) switches at this point. I already have 10, but just built a new house and need about 30 in total. The problem is I have many other zwave devices, such as locks, that I need a good strong zwave mesh to support.

While I think the blue’s are great, I would really like to leverage red switches purely to have a good, robust zwave network for all my zwave sensors and devices that can’t easily/cheaply be replaced.

Wondering if new stock will ever come, or if I need to make a transition now.

EDIT: The link above to Project Phoenix is really helpful, thanks.

The future of Red Series is to slowly get back into it now that chips are readily available. Project Phoenix is the first project back into Z-Wave and we would like to see how it does before fully committing to Z-Wave again.

The high level view and strategy is to lead with Zigbee and then follow with Z-Wave. So, any product launched in Zigbee, will either right away have a Z-Wave variant, or we’ll see how it goes in Zigbee first before committing to Z-Wave.

1 Like

Apologies if wrong thread.

My bBue order from early Sept (Order #375xx) is still showing as unfulfilled, with no email yet. Is it possible to check and confirm they are still in the October allotment?

Thanks!

2-1 Shipping Thread is where you’ll find updates. Unfortunately no real updates since last week though, switches are at the distribution center and they’re working through shipping them out. I would expect if you were in the October allotment before, nothing should’ve changed.

You might be able to open a support case directly with your full order #, etc and they may be able to confirm status there. Just unlikely there’s any more information on the status of shipping than what we already know (ZWP is working through it).