Blue 2 in 1, firmware 2.15 - multi tap stoped working

Looking for some assistance with multi-tap.

When HA server is rebooted/restarted, the automation I create for Inovelli Blue break. The automation action trigger is now unknown as ‘up_double’, down_tripple’, etc are lost.

To get things going again, I must:

1. Reset Z2m service
  2. go to each switch and manually double tap, tripple tap the switches so they are options again.

Not sure what (switch, Z2M, HA, or a combination) is the issue.

Thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks,

Nothing to do with Zigbee network. Any restart, reboot or such make all (except Inovelli) zigbee devices unavailable. Restart fixes that
In the Z2M forum main suspect is MQTT

I followed @rohan suggestion and used his blueprint
See post

Always design your smart home for failure, have manual overrides for any automated elements, etc.

I just updated all my switches to 2.15 as well and ran into the same problem. I tried the blueprint referenced earlier and that wasn’t working either. I started listening to the MQTT messages for the switch and realized that regardless of how many times I pressed the paddle, I was always getting a up_single or down_single action.

I checked the button delay and it appeared to be set to the default 500ms, but it was behaving as if it was set to 0, disabling the multitap. For the hell of it, I changed the value to 600ms and then back to 500ms and low and behold, the switch was working properly again sending up-double, down_double, etc.

I did notice also that when creating a manual automation, the only triggers available were those I had actually pressed, which someone else noted earlier.

I am also having this problem after upgrading to Z2M 1.33.1-1. My automations which were dependent on triggers like ‘down single’ or ‘up double’ now show ‘Unknown trigger’.

I’m going to have to revert to a previous version of Z2M without a solution.

Any thoughts, suggestions are appreciated.

You can use my blueprint referenced here: Blue 2 in 1, firmware 2.15 - multi tap stoped working - #23 by vladimir.korobov

It’s not dependent on those device actions working since it listens to the raw MQTT topics directly.

Thanks for this. It is a good template and a… serviceable interim option. However, I have numerous automations that depend on the triggers and it feels like a bug that they are not available after updating to 1.33.1. I don’t want to go and redo all my automations to use the template.