Blue 2 in 1, firmware 2.15 - multi tap stoped working

Hello
Yesyteday, all over a sudden, my automation, which uses multi-tap (double down tap), stoped working. When I checked trigger I saw that “down_double” became unsupported trigger. In the device trigger option I do not see down double or up double any more. I checked almost all Blue devices and performed the following: Restart of the device, restart of Z2M add-on, reboot HA. Nada

And sure, this is happening when I need to leave for a business trip and leave my wife without option to use automation “going to bed”. I created work around - button that starts the script (can be used with cell phone). But it is not that convenient. Help needed

P.S. I think that happened after Z2M update

1 Like

Assuming you updated Z2M to 1.33, did you also update HA to at least 2023.8.0 per the breaking change in the release notes?

I didn’t read deeply into the details of it, but it appears to be MQTT related and could be causing your issue.

1 Like

I ran into the same thing on 1 of my switches. I cycled through all of the possible combinations at the switch itself and they all came back. So I double tapped the switch and the option showed up in HA again. Triple tapped, quad tapped, etc etc.

Hi Terrence

This is the latest

Thanks

Interesting…
I believe that all my switches are effected

I’ll try to do it with one once I am back from the business trip

Vladi

Could not resist to try, once waiting for Uber :slight_smile:

It is back :slight_smile: But how?
Thanks
Vladi

1 Like

Oddly enough I’m seeing the same thing this morning, but can’t get my trigger back.

I had similar problems on HA latest + Z2M v1.33…The whole link between Z2M + HA broke, but just for inovelli devices. All other Z2M devices in HA worked fine + switches worked from Z2M itself, just not from HA.

Since it broke so many automations, I didnt bother to debug and instead rolled back Z2M to the prior version

For this (amongst other reasons), I have a blueprint for Scene Control for the blues that’s not dependent on the device triggers since it listens to the MQTT events instead: https://github.com/rohankapoorcom/homeassistant-config/blob/master/blueprints/automation/rohankapoorcom/inovelli-vzm31-sn-blue-series-switch.yaml

It also has an added benefit of letting you listen to scenes from multiple switches and having them execute the same thing.

1 Like

Hi
I have bigger issue right now - all my HUE zigbee devices (mostly motion detectors) have disconnected at night (and I am traveling now), and I have tons of automations based on them. Got a call from my wife (when she woke up and nothing was working). You can only guess the content of conversation

How I can roll up Z2M to the prior version remotely? need to do it NOW, or need to face the music

Vladi

@rohan
I start using your blueprint thank you for creating it
However, can you modify it for multiple triggers, I do not want to multiply automation that starts the same actions “go to bed” for every device I want to use as a trigger

Thanks

Vladi

I’m curious what automations you could have that are this critical to your wife? Sure, we create them because they make our lives more convenient and may feel a bit dependent on them, but if (when) your HA instance goes down for a few days, your house should still “work”, right?

It supports that already. You provide a list of entities and it makes them all do the same thing when triggered. This is a example of using it that way: https://github.com/rohankapoorcom/homeassistant-config/blob/master/packages/kitchen.yaml#L38.

2 Likes

I run it via docker compose, so was as simple as explicitly tagging the version for the image and then recreating the container.

Bathroom lighting and ventilation for starter
Both light and fan were working all night
Upstairs bathroom next to leaving room triggers by Motion sensors
Outdoor lighting controlled with Hue plug
Garage lights use motion sensors

….and this is just a beginning
My house is fully automated….isn’t it the whole point of automation?

Screenshot

Maybe need some clarification
Sure you can start things manually , but if you counting on automation, you, for example, do not turn off light and fan in the bathroom, you do not turn off the lights in the back yard after sunrise
Granted, you can do everything manually but why automation is needed in first place?
I am considering my new build that will not to have manual switches at all
Learning how it is possible
Most likely I should avoid Zigbee and Zwave all together. Good for a hobby, but not for a causal user
Too much of a maintenance

Just a though

I made some more digging.
Zigbee networks works well, then one random command fails and the device is not connected anymore to the network.

I have a ITEAD_SONOFF_Zigbee_3.0_USB_Dongle_Plus_V2 adaptor

A reboot of the Z2M add-on solves the issue until next failure.

BTW, Inovelli dimmers connecting back :slight_smile:

If you’ve got devices dropping off, then you’ve got some network issues there somewhere. I notice motion and outlets on there that seem to disappear for an hour or so. Which brands are they? Some brands like Aqara don’t always play well with others when signals are repeating and tend to drop off.

1 Like

All of my switches that were no longer responding to triggers in Z2M are now working again after pressing the reconfigure button in the device setting.

Yes they disappeared until I restarted add on
That was the point of publishing this chart
ALL Zigbee devices disconnected, Innoveli dimmers connected back, but all other did not until restart
Motion are Hue Philips, outlet I think GE, I have some Aqara sensors (light and temp-humidity)
Outlet plug is Hue Philips as well
BTW, in GitHub people are already complaining about issues after last update